VW Tiguan Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Tiggy12 for sharing your experience. Unfortunately for me, engine flush and oil and filter change didn't work in my case, so I showed the car to VW, they diagnose wrong oil pressure in the variable timing system, so they change all: 4400$!
But I think I don't have choice, let's hope after that it will be reliable...

· Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2014 Tiguan and that light came up while I was camping. I really got scared because there was no mechanic around. I checked the oil and it was fine, So I drove to the nearest town (20 minutes away - 14 miles). While Driving there the light did not come up until I parked. But the mecahnic said it must be the oil sensor because everything looked fine. On my way home (300 miles) the light did not come up at all. Now that I'm home, I dont drive much around because I work from home. While here, in the short drives I had made the light has not come up. I'm not a mechanic, but I have heard stories about unnecessary charges with dealerships. My question to all, should I take it to any mechanic or to the dealership? I'm a regular guy with a regular job always on a budge. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my Tiguan. It refused to turn back on after the low oil warning popped up, but the oil levels were fine. I had it towed to a dealership and they said I need a new engine. I'm getting a 2nd opinion and currently waiting for that.

The camshaft sensor went out about a week before this. Wonder if it's related.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my Tiguan. It refused to turn back on after the low oil warning popped up, but the oil levels were fine. I had it towed to a dealership and they said I need a new engine. I'm getting a 2nd opinion and currently waiting for that.

The camshaft sensor went out about a week before this. Wonder if it's related.
I'd love to read the answer to this as well

41 - 44 of 44 Posts