VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I am one patient fella. My high-spec Tiguan TDI auto in Shadow Blue with light leather was ordered on November 13th
2007 and a deposit of ?1000.00 paid. ( Non-Returnable) .My order confirmation sheet instructed me to collect my Tiguan at 10am on March 31st. 2008. During the week previous to that date I sold my wife's Freelander ( I know,I know but there is one born every minute) privately for cash. On ringing the main dealer 3 days before collection it was as though I had landed in a spaceship from Mars. Eventually they reluctantly admitted that ( oh yes) you have a Tiguan on order. Yes it will be ready on the 31st then??. Er.......................well no not exactly. To be honest we do not have a clue when it will be ready but please do not hold your breath!!. However as you have now waited 20 weeks we MAY be able to arrange a loan car for your wife.
The loan car took a week to arrange and to date is still in use by my considerably miffed wife ( This is because it is a Nissan Note which though it is a great car is NOT a Tiguan) . It is now mid-May and there is nothing from VW except a pregnant silence. Should they ever give birth to my Tiguan I fear the excitement may prove terminal. All efforts to get to the bottom of this extraordinary delay in delivery have proved fruitless. If anyone at VW knows what is going on they are not saying so that I and possibly thousands like me are left to fulminate in silence. This cannot be good for customer relations so PLEASE VW COME CLEAN AND IDENTIFY THE CAUSES FOR DELAYS. ( Oh and thank you so much for the loan car it has saved my marriage............just ).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi,

I'd like to say welcome to the forum for all the good reasons, but alas its for frustrating reasons.

Firstly I have to say your deposit is refundable and if your dealer is saying otherwise then they are breaking the consumer credit act - your deposit is given in good faith that the dealer meets their side of the contract - as they are now breaking that contract with respect to the delivery of the car then the contract it void and your deposit must be given back on request. If they say otherwise then just tell them to go check with their solicitors before making that statement again.

On a second note, I dont understand why VW think its bad publicity to state they have a problem - everyone has problems, and we respect people for accepting them right from the off - unlike the recent Labour fools who only accept things after everyone else already knows the truth

I can only recommend you write to your dealer and request a formal reply - even cc your solicitor on the letter so they can understand the severity of your request. I'd state your expectations of delivery are based on the information provided at the time of order (i.e. 16 weeks etc) and your order and deposit is based on this lead-time etc. Also make a note about the loan car being unacceptable. Sometimes a verbal/telephone request can be easily ignored, plus unfortunately sometimes they want a angry customer to face as this gives them the upper hand (angry customer is unreasonable and nice dealer is really trying etc etc).

I cant see this will bring your delivery date forward, however I'm sure it will help you get a more satisfactory reply (i.e. a proper delivery date, or true answer on the problem) from your dealer. With this reply you can then decide how to proceed.

Best of Luck

Kaine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts