VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Tiguan which I just had the first annual service performed by the Dealership. the car has 6700 miles on it. The last few days I noticed some drips on the garage floor that look like white candle wax! It is in the garage on the left and right front of the car. Looking under the car, it appears to be dripping from the holes in the plastic undercover. There is no damage to the plastic undercover. However, on further inspection, it appears to also come from further forward than the plastic undercover! Although this "wax dripping" appears to come from the Tie Rods, there is evidence that it is in front of the Tie Rods so it probably comes from somewhere else. on closer examination, I noticed some additional (although not much) residue from other fluids as well. I would assume that a new car with less than 10,000 miles should have ZERO fluid leaks of any kind. The waxy drippings can be scraped up from the garage floor with a spatula. I would appreciate any advice on what to do or what it is. 1st image is of tie rod showing the dripping on the rod bent toward the front of the car with evidence of wax on the bottom of it. 2nd is the plastic undercover showing the dripping. 3hrd is the tie rod cover with wax appearing to drip from it. Last is image of some of the drippings scraped up from the garage floor. There are lots more drips.. some measuring 1.5 to 3.5 mm thick!

Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle

Water Liquid Sky Fluid Wood

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Stain Rock

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
338 Posts
Looks like spray lube to me, the dealer probably sprayed some of the joints and bushes for protection, you could take it back to dealer for a check though.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
It hasn't had some sort if body underseal treatment? Looks like the old waxoil (?) treatment that used to be used before manufacturers started properly protecting the cars.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
56 Posts
Could you have run over something in the roadway that could have splashed and hit the under area of the car? Have you been to a car wash where they do an undercarriage spray to clean and protect?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts