VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New member, new owner, first time poster here.

I just bought a used 2015 Tiguan last week and noticed a weird sound today. I only noticed because I turned the key without starting the engine, so no engine noise to drown it out. It sounds like data being written to an old fashioned hard drive in a PC or something, and it's there even when the engine is running (though hard to hear). I made a video where you can hear the sound that I am trying to describe. Does anybody have any idea what it might be? It doesn't sound like it's meant to be there, that's for sure.

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Recirc flap motor is in its way out. Lots of threads covering this. It does a test cycle on startup. Vw has had issues with this motor since the early 2000s. Use our handy search function and look up Recirc Motor.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
It's doable, just remove the glovebox 5 screws, just watch the glovebox light and the hose for the glove box chiller. And using a small wrench I believe bits 2 screws and out it comes. It's tucked in there pretty tight but someone on here recently got it swapped out with a bit of head scratching.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had another look yesterday as still waiting for the motor. The access is obscured by the bracket holding the BCM? BCM is just clipped to the bracket and then its a couple of bolts to remove. Hoping to picture it as I do it.

You can see the plastic clip on one side of the module to the far right of the picture in my post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts