1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This email came through to dealers this a.m

"Factory confirms Tiguan Automatic Delays
(Published 28/03/08)
Production delays affecting Tiguans with automatic gearboxes will continue for the foreseeable future. In view of this, we have decided to remove these models from ordering until further notice.

We are still committed to producing all current customer orders in the system. As soon as we know the extent of these delays and when they will be resolved, we will let you know. "

This helped make my mind up. I am not prepared to wait.,.. so cancelled the order

But have ordered another GTi with same price for my car and it is costing me nothing... so a good outcome in the end!

karen

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kaine

I will be getting my car in 3 weeks - not the 'foreseeable future' as the email said. I am really annoyed at VW now as they must have known for a while there was a problem with the gearbox
even now they aren't even giving an idea of how long!! Surely customer services should be contacting all those waiting autos with an apology and some sort of compensation!

Will still pop in now and again though! There is a nice bunch of people on here! Thought about a GTi forum Kaine

Karen

·
Registered
62 Posts
BMW must be laughing their leather shorts off,I wonder how many new orders they'll pick up.
Sorry to all those waiting and especially Karen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Micawber

Particularly
at the BMW men in shorts

Vw are keeping my custom though.Have never driven another brand and this is the first time I've been disappointed!

Karen

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh....man, I'm going to call the dealer first thing monday morning! And see what they have to say. I placed my order in the beginning of March, but upon calling the dealer they said they were waiting until they got a few more orders into place an official order with VW.

And now they are not accepting anymore automatic orders?

I don't really want to cancel, but if they aren't accepting any more Auto Orders, I may have no choice....... Let's hope I can get my deposit back if I do........

Cheers,

Rocc

·
Registered
405 Posts
karend said:
Thanks Kaine

I will be getting my car in 3 weeks - not the 'foreseeable future' as the email said. I am really annoyed at VW now as they must have known for a while there was a problem with the gearbox
even now they aren't even giving an idea of how long!! Surely customer services should be contacting all those waiting autos with an apology and some sort of compensation!

Will still pop in now and again though! There is a nice bunch of people on here! Thought about a GTi forum Kaine

Karen
Dear Karen:

I'm sorry to hear about your Tig.

But I understand your situation! Now you said "..... was a problem with the gearbox" Is there a "mechanical" problem with the gearbox, or is it only on the production side of things?

Cheers,

Rocc

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rocc

The dealer reckons that there must be a serious problem with the gearbox itself to go to such extremes and not be able to take any more orders. But then that's his professional opinion, not fact. What i can't really understand is that the model they have on demo is a Tiguan Sport Auto - exactly the model I ordered. So how come SOME Autos got through at the start

Good luck with your order though!

Karen

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry to hear you cancelled but I'm not willing to compromise, I want a Tiguan so I'm getting one, I hope you don't regret your decision. Mind you your cancelled order pushes me one up in the queue

Please pop in though and let us know of your experience with the GTi.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5erge said:
Sorry to hear you cancelled but I'm not willing to compromise, I want a Tiguan so I'm getting one, I hope you don't regret your decision. Mind you your cancelled order pushes me one up in the queue

Please pop in though and let us know of your experience with the GTi.

Cheers

Des
Thanks Des

I'm actually a GTi girl at heart. Swapped a Mk 5 GTi for the current V6 Eos I drive and never really been happy with it unless the roof is off! Actually awaiting the Mk 6 GTi hence the decision to go for a Tiguan. I like the look and the feel of it and thought it would be a nice drive for 18mths or so until the mk 6 arrives!

You can have my place in the queue with pleasure and hope you aren't waiting tooooo long! The 'foreseeable future' bit did scare me

Nice bunch of people here, so I will keep it in my tabbed favourites - along with http://www.mytreg.com

Karen

·
Registered
82 Posts
i spoke to my dealer, and aparently when they built the first production Automatic Tig, then when they turned the engine around to make it right hand drive (instead of european left hand drive) they totally forgot that this would make the car go backwards instead of forwards when in Drive....

ok, so i made this up completely, but the thought of such a german cock up made me giggle...

helps pass the time whilst i wait for mine to arrive...but as mentioned above - if everyone cancels then i'll be top of the queue!

pete

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Fiona!!!

It is our perogative to change cars at a whim isn't it
? And yes... the Treg is always there for me

Should be getting the GTi in a week or so - proper girl racer with:
3dr DSG in Diamond Black,
leather,
tinted windows B pillar back
Multi function steering wheel,
Bi-xenons,
winter pack and
iPod prep.

AND they are giving me change back when i give them my Eos

Still a bit sad about the Tig though.. but only a year or so until Mk 6 GTi so will be changing again then!

Karen

·
Registered
405 Posts
karend said:
Thanks Fiona!!!

It is our perogative to change cars at a whim isn't it
? And yes... the Treg is always there for me

Should be getting the GTi in a week or so - proper girl racer with:
3dr DSG in Diamond Black,
leather,
tinted windows B pillar back
Multi function steering wheel,
Bi-xenons,
winter pack and
iPod prep.

AND they are giving me change back when i give them my Eos

Still a bit sad about the Tig though.. but only a year or so until Mk 6 GTi so will be changing again then!

Karen
Hey karen,

You seem to really like the black vehicles! Nice Choice!

Cheers,

Rocc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

I have recently picked up my Black 2.0 tdi AUTO sport.

Its a demo and is 4 weeks old.

I was quite specific with the spec I wanted it had to be black, auto, have a panoramic roof and a sport model,I wanted leather but wasnt going miss getting a car without it.

I have just joined the forum and have read with interest the news about the problems VW are having building the auto model.

Im glad I looked on the internet and found my vehicle aprox 50 miles from my home.

I have never had a demo before and wanted new but it seemed a good compromise to get what I wanted straight away.

I have spoken to my VW dealer and he said today that you cannot order a auto tdi and when the order books open again the wait time will be till october.

I would recomend getting a demo and know they to are getting hard to find as an auto.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts