VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source : http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?id=94452 (have to be registered to see it)

GERMANY: VW to double Tiguan production

10 April 2008 | Source: just-auto.com editorial team

Volkswagen will double production of the Tiguan small SUV at Wolfsburg.

The Tiguan is built by VW subsidiary Auto 5000 and went into production this month producing 220 cars a day. Plant manager Siegried Fiebig told a local newspaper that this figure would be increased to between 400 and 450 a day to help reduce lead times for the car.

VW has received more than 100,000 orders already. Currently customers are having to wait up to 10 months to take delivery of their new car.

Production could be intreased to around 600 cars a day, said the report.

Fiebig also said that the production time of the Golf has been reduced to 22.5 hours, down from 40 hours at the end of 2003. By the end of this year that figure should have been reduced further to 20.6 hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Yes, the doubling of Tiguan production is to be commended in view of the delays. Unfortunately it is very evident from many scources that production sequence is very far from matching order sequence in other words VW are making what they want when they want irrespective of the sequence in which orders are received. It is this that is difficult to understand. Obviously production is more efficient in batches of similar vehicles, the question is when will a batch of autos be scheduled,for there are precious few being delivered at present.

With regard to returnable deposits,the fact that a customer is told that the deposit is non-returnable BEFORE he pays it may cloud the issue on any future claim in this respect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dys,

It doesn't matter if they say its non-returnable and if you've signed a contract with that written on it

Delays in deliveries

If you have been given a date for delivery, your goods must be delivered by that date. If they aren't delivered by then, the trader will have broken their agreement with you, and you are entitled to ask for compensation.

If you have not been given a proper date for the delivery, you won't be able to claim compensation. However, if you think you have waited a reasonable time and the goods still haven't arrived, you should write to the trader, giving a firm date for delivery. This is called 'making time of the essence'. If the trader doesn't stick to this date, you can claim compensation.
so write to them for a delivery date, give them a due date based on the original discussions you had with the dealer considering a reasonable delay time. They dont have the right to keep your deposit if you have waited an unreasonable amount of time

Kaine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
remember the dealer hasn't lost out yet - he hasn't taken delivery of the car so cant claim any 'costs incurred' - this is how the court will see it and would just instruct them to give you the deposit back (unless of course they get you a delivery date within a few weeks etc)

Kaine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
OK thanks for your advice. Sorry if I have given wrong impression on the deposit, I do not actually want it back. I am determined to wait if necessary until Hell freezes over for the Tiguan .It is just that I am becoming increasingly worried on the ability of VW to live up to the advertising hype. Things seem to have broken somewhere along the line and they urgently need repair!. Time will tell I suppose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VW are very lucky to have customers with so much patience


keep us informed how you get on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hooray!. Today's prognosis from the VW dealer man at least seems to have a faint ring of truth. Forget faulty auto gearboxes, large orders and production line difficulties. THE MAN says that with the dollar (and the pound) being in freefall without a parachute the decision was made to service the vastly larger USA market ( mainly autos) as a way of minimising currency losses at VW.
UK dealers received a bulletin on Friday last saying that ( a few) auto boxes were now becoming available. Therefore the people who ordered in 2007 could look forward to delivery in June 2008 ( no firm promises mind). Whilst at the dealers I once again went over a Tig with a super critical eye. My coclusion as previously, is that on the UK market, in this SUV segment, there is nothing that comes close and therefore no substitute. The wait will continue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
..............I wonder if we fall close to the USA Segment?


Because my dealer says that delivery date will still stand, and could be even earlier!


He told me there was even a fight over a First Shipment Tig in the Parking Lot between two Customers who said that they put their deposit down at the same time for the last spot!

Yeah I will wait it out too, I am sharing rides with a 2007 Nissan Tiida (Versa) that I got for my girlfriend. Man I had forgotten how much mobility means.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Yes Rocc your post indirectly supports the prognosis from UK Dealer Man, in that USA and " across the pond" comes first. People in UK ordering in March 2008 with a spec like yours have not a hope in Hell of a Tig in June/July 2008. Never mind here in the UK we are treated as second class citizens on all fronts and the motor manufacturers call it Treasure Island probably because we are so stoical/patient and apparently do not mind being ripped off by the tax man and everyone else with half a chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
dyslexic said:
Yes Rocc your post indirectly supports the prognosis from UK Dealer Man, in that USA and " across the pond" comes first. People in UK ordering in March 2008 with a spec like yours have not a hope in Hell of a Tig in June/July 2008. Never mind here in the UK we are treated as second class citizens on all fronts and the motor manufacturers call it Treasure Island probably because we are so stoical/patient and apparently do not mind being ripped off by the tax man and everyone else with half a chance.
Sorry to hear about the treatment Dyslexic. I guess when it really boils down too it, all business no matter who they are go after that almighty dollar/pound/euro.


Just like here, we produce sugar, but we hardly consume our own sugar, and sometimes have shortages, because we are forced to import it from other countries! All because our sugar garners a higher price when sold overseas......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
dyslexic said:
Hooray!. Today's prognosis from the VW dealer man at least seems to have a faint ring of truth. Forget faulty auto gearboxes, large orders and production line difficulties. THE MAN says that with the dollar (and the pound) being in freefall without a parachute the decision was made to service the vastly larger USA market ( mainly autos) as a way of minimising currency losses at VW.
UK dealers received a bulletin on Friday last saying that ( a few) auto boxes were now becoming available. Therefore the people who ordered in 2007 could look forward to delivery in June 2008 ( no firm promises mind). Whilst at the dealers I once again went over a Tig with a super critical eye. My coclusion as previously, is that on the UK market, in this SUV segment, there is nothing that comes close and therefore no substitute. The wait will continue.
This does go some way to explaining the auto gearbox hold up, however, Sport models with a manual gearbox have also been severly delayed. To be honest we will probably never find out the truth in this matter unless a car magazine or Which do some more in depth investigation and levy some serious pressure on VW/VW UK.

Des
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
5erge said:
dyslexic said:
Hooray!. Today's prognosis from the VW dealer man at least seems to have a faint ring of truth. Forget faulty auto gearboxes, large orders and production line difficulties. THE MAN says that with the dollar (and the pound) being in freefall without a parachute the decision was made to service the vastly larger USA market ( mainly autos) as a way of minimising currency losses at VW.
UK dealers received a bulletin on Friday last saying that ( a few) auto boxes were now becoming available. Therefore the people who ordered in 2007 could look forward to delivery in June 2008 ( no firm promises mind). Whilst at the dealers I once again went over a Tig with a super critical eye. My coclusion as previously, is that on the UK market, in this SUV segment, there is nothing that comes close and therefore no substitute. The wait will continue.
This does go some way to explaining the auto gearbox hold up, however, Sport models with a manual gearbox have also been severly delayed. To be honest we will probably never find out the truth in this matter unless a car magazine or Which do some more in depth investigation and levy some serious pressure on VW/VW UK.

Des
hi everyone

As Des says we will never find the truth about the delays.
I don't think the dealers know the reasons either, went to see my dealer today who confirmed our car was awaiting shipment and the car should be in the UK very soon(Sorry guys!!!)


Tried to find out about the delays and what was affected,
According to the dealer and i'm sure you would get a different answer from every VW salesman, the delay for the autos is due to demand and he has told me that they have stopped taking any orders for them for the forseeable future(wasn't sure if he meant VW or just them) however GOOD NEWS for manual customers as their cars are being delivered as promised
they just had a delivery of 6 manual cars yesterday. They even have Tigs for sale 1 Black SE & 1 Silver S both of which i must admit were poorly specced.

Even though the delays hasn't really affected me, it does make me angry that guys on this fourm who, obviously are loyal and passionate about the VW marque are being treated this way and it seems that VW is getting away with as everyone is willing to wait for their Tigs. Just hope its worth the wait for you guys when it finally arrives.

Regards
Edd
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top