VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings @ll Tiguans Owners/Fans

I have an issue with Fuel gauge in my New VW Tiguan 2022

Fuel gauge is not working correctly after refuel. It is still showing that refuel is needed.
At this moment for almost full tank, the fuel gauge shows me that it is empty (no fuel)

Did someone of You had this kind of problem/Issue?

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,370 Posts
I have seen this comment before, usually when filled with small amounts. Is this your case or did you fill it a large amount at once?

I don't think it's a fault, just the way it works expecting a significant volume at once.

It is always possible yours does have a fault, but I've not seen this with a new tig, only many years old.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We purchased our 2022 Tiguan 3 weeks ago and experiencing similar problems. Our dashboard reads we have 1/4 qt tank left after a full gas fill this morning.

Will be taking it tomorrow to the dealer. Will update later :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
We purchased our 2022 Tiguan 3 weeks ago and experiencing similar problems. Our dashboard reads we have 1/4 qt tank left after a full gas fill this morning.

Will be taking it tomorrow to the dealer. Will update later :(
So... after a few hours the fuel guage slowly changed to full tank. Our dealer just told us to come back if the problem persisted. Now the dashboard is showing the engine light on :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
This literally just happened to me. I was on E, so I stopped at the gas station filled up 40$ and when I got in the vehicle, I was still on E. My vehicle is less than a week old.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Cycle the ignition a few times. Ive also heard to some sending units stick at the bottom when you run them to fumes. Find a bumpy road if the key cycle doesn’t help. Also be known these have 2 tanks essentially that straddle the drive line so if you only put in a few gallons. One tank has a bit of fuel and the other side is still empty so your dual sending units average out the fuel. So one sees fuel the other doesn’t so its splitting hairs and not moving the gauge. It is advised of you only put a few bucks in to run off the top of the tank and not the bottom as the sediment and water sits down there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This literally just happened to me. I was on E, so I stopped at the gas station filled up 40$ and when I got in the vehicle, I was still on E. My vehicle is less than a week old.
If you have warranty take it to the dealership as soon as you can. Ours turn out to be a faulty fuel guage sensor but it took like 3 weeks to fix due to the dealership only having 2 mechanics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is happening to me AGAIN. I got my car serviced less than 2 months ago and they had to fix the gas tank indicator... my car smelled of gas for a while and now I will have to go through this again. I wonder if it's an issue on a lot of newer Tiguans? Mine's a 2021.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,370 Posts
It does seem to be being reported from just the US. Maybe it's an issue specifically with you models guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts