VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi! I'm new here. I have a 2010 VW Tiguan 2.0 TSI. I have this Tiguan for about 2 months and lately I been having some issues, while driving in the main screen it appears "engine failure" and 5 minutes later it appeared on red "oil pressure low light" (I turn off the engine wait for 10 minutes and continue my way).

The engine failure light only appears and the goes off, but I don't have and check engine light.

Other things that I've noticed it's a cracking noise.

Recently I've change the timing chain, and engine block.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Please stop driving it till this is remedied. How many miles are in it? Service history? Could be the reason it was sold.. this kind of issue is not good. There is a huge list it could be as shawn and I have discussed on the other thread. Since you replaced the chain did you replace the chain from the crank to the oil pump? Cracking noise could be anything nfrom a broken chain guide.. but why did you replace the block? Do you know it's history and mileage. These motors need good services to last. Any bad service in its past will show up and bite you in the future. Did you replace the timing chain tensioner with the newest variant?

List is endless. Get it checked by a mechanic asap. Get the oil pressure checked asap, and possibly remove the cam phaser and you will see the small screen on tht inlet to the oil galley. These will plug!!

You said you changed the parts, you do it yourself??

Just questions we need some answers to to better help you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't do it, the person who did this was my mechanic. We change everything (chain, tensioner, etc...) we change the engine cylinder block cause the valves were bend.

And now it has a cracking noise (I think that is the alternator pulley) and the warning light that only appeared once. After that everything was working fine.

·
Premium Member
5,993 Posts
Replaced? with new or used? There is so little info to go further on, but as Iggy said, STOP driving it and get it properly diagnosed. This is not a problem that will be solved through a discussion here.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
I'm assuming you meant the head was replaced not the block. If the valves were bent usually the head is what's replaced unless a valve was broken and damaged the block.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
So the replacement head could of been sludged up already had a bunch of junk in its galleys etc and once installed washed all that onto existing parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I got an emergency, so I used the Tiguan. And everything works fine. No error o emergency lights. I was stuck in traffic for around 3 hours and everything went smoothly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay guys. The Tiguan it’s fix. The problem was the camshaft bridge and the camshaft timing intake. Everything it’s working fine now.
I had the same problem. Replaced the oil pressure switch. Then traced the wire when that didn’t fix it. Checked for continuity-it was good and saw that the single oil pressure switch wire goes into the cam shaft position sensor. On a whim I replaced that sensor and fixed the issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts