VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone been offered the VW Allin service plan. 2 mots, 2 services, 2 years breakdown cover and 2 years warranty all for £33 a month. I want to take the offer but my extended warranty does not expire until October and for some strange reason they dont want to sell it to me until my existing policy expires. I wonder why. I have emailed the Dealer 3 times since they offered with questions and they just dont reply. Weird.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've had a couple of emails about it but noticed the same as you - our car is 6yrs old on 1st Sept and the extended warranty expires then too. I'd like to take the plan but that would mean it starting a few days before otherwise the car will be too old. I've also still got another year of VW Assist which would be wasted.

I'm also a bit miffed that All-In isn't really All-In at all - it doesn't cover brake fluid change or things like Haldex, both of which I'll need.

I imagine it'd be hopeless asking VW - they'll probably just refer you to the dealer. I was going to email the dealer service manager next month, although he's usually pretty clueless.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my Haldex needs doing this year, I had it booked in for mot, service(major) brake fluid haldex and aircon service that was going to cost me around £700 plus 99 for breakdown cover plus 277 for extended warranty so the ALLIN is a good deal even if i pay the extras myself. BUT. they just wont sell it if you already have VW warranty. As its not transferable, I might ask to cancel and then start again but I am sure there will some sort of smallprint that prohibits you claiming in the first month or so.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I guess you could follow the process, which I think starts with a check by the dealer to see if your car qualifies, and see what happens.

When is your service due?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spoke to dealer yesterday they said as follows. 1. come for all in check. 2. cancel existing warranty policy. 3. take out new policy. 4 come in a couple of months for service mot etc. strange my local dealer won't do the same.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've had a couple of emails about it but noticed the same as you - our car is 6yrs old on 1st Sept and the extended warranty expires then too. I'd like to take the plan but that would mean it starting a few days before otherwise the car will be too old. I've also still got another year of VW Assist which would be wasted.

I'm also a bit miffed that All-In isn't really All-In at all - it doesn't cover brake fluid change or things like Haldex, both of which I'll need.

I imagine it'd be hopeless asking VW - they'll probably just refer you to the dealer. I was going to email the dealer service manager next month, although he's usually pretty clueless.
Just to provide follow up on this - took car in for major service & MOT yesterday on the understanding that they'd be able to put the plan in place today, the last day of the extended warranty, and get the plan to cover the cost of the service and MOT.

I'm not quite sure what the dealer has had to do to make that happen, but it seems to have worked - I didn't pay for the service or MOT, and I got an email with confirmation of the plan today.

I had already committed to pay for Haldex oil and brake fluid (which according to VWs schedules should have been done last year). I also got two emails (including a video of an a/c system) imploring me to have the a/c serviced at £79. At first I thought they'd made a pricing error but it turns out our car does have the old cheaper gas. I went ahead anyway, so still got a bill for £217.

Service Advisor was still adamant the existing extended warranty couldn't be cancelled. She's quite wrong about that - it says on the website it can be cancelled but I didn't argue with her as you can't tell these people anything.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased that the first years premiums have already been used up on the service & MOT yesterday, and I've got the 'free' safety net of the warranty, which I'd been quoted £350 to renew. I already had another year of roadside cover to run, so that's a loss.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems to be a good deal. Mine was set up when I took it in for Brake fluid change, A/C service and at vast expense new suspension bushes thanks to our terrible roads full of potholes. My MOT and service is next week all covered on the allin plan. I will be paying extra for the haldex service but it saves around £1000 so happy days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts