VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vibration in my Tiguan 2011 automat gearbox

Hello everyone,

In my Tiguan, a couple weeks ago, i changed oil transmission (gearbox).

During traveling i heard a vibration, that increased when I increase the speed, at some points this vibration is like shaking.

If I use my Tiguan in the City or in the short destinations, I cant heard anything, everything is OK.

If i drive in the highway after 15km i start to heard vibration.

Tyres all new changed and balanced.

Any idea please?

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Did you properly fill it at the proper temp to check level using VCDS to verify fluid temp?

What automatic do you have? DSG? Or the Aisn Transmission?

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
291 Posts
What oil? did you fill to correct level at the correct temperature. Did you do go through the relearning procedure? All of these need VCDS. Without it your box wont be running correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DSG

I dont know if the mechanic has done this at the proper way.

They told (garage) me that problem is from tyres.

But, some guys told me that this probem maybe is from transmission.

When i Slow down the vibration stop. Only when i increase the RPM the vibration is there!

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Do he readapt the clutches after servicing? Just to be sure check lug nut torques and make sure no funny wear on tires.

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
DSG is a finicky transmission. It needs proper dsg fluid and clutches reset and the fluid filled properly. The metatronic unit is over $2k by itself. If not done properly it will fail.

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Take it back and find out exactly what fluid he used and if he followed the procedure properly and re adapted the clutches. If he used anything other than VW spec dsg fluid the mechanic is on the hook to make it right. If you paid less than $600-800+ us dollars you didn't get a proper service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts