VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some good news if you want to trade in your MK2 Tig. When I traded my 2018 2.0TSFI SEL DSG 4motion Tig in 7 months ago I was very pleasantly surprised as to how much I was offered for it. I asked why and the sales rep said that the 2.0 TSFI was like hens teeth and very sort after as the fuel consumption really isn't that bad. So when I traded my 2020 Rline Tech in for another one I was even more surprised when the sales rep said that late used Tigs have risen in value by 2k in the last month as Tigs in general were in very short supply so as they say winner winner chicken dinner if your selling a Tig lol :ROFLMAO:.

Mick

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Here in NZ we have always had one of the highest % trade in values of any car with our Tigs. After 5 years I received 55% of the cost on trade and a Ford salesman who is a mate told me that was less depreciation than a new Ford got in ONE year at the time. It’s one of the reasons I’ve stuck with VW.

·
Administrator
5,983 Posts
Here, everything used has gone up in price. With the global chip shortage limiting new vehicle inventory, it has put a lot of pressure on the used car market. And with people not traveling, they seem to be more than willing to spend on cars/trucks. Right now the used market has very low inventory and very high prices.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
This time last year my 2013 was worth about $9k now I could sell it for $14-15k. If the market of the vehicle I wanted wasn't so horrid if jump ship and sell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts