VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am told that I can play mp3 files on a usb stick in my discover media system. The usb socket is in the cubby hole near the gear shift. When I plug in the usb it says reading usb then says usb error. I have formatted the usb to ntfs, fat32, exfat and non of them work. any ideas what the problem could be. The usb socket works with my iphone. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had the same problem with my Discover head unit, was told I needed a software update which has to be done by the dealer, but it made no difference. Also the music on my sd card was not shuffling, kept playing the same track. Iggy suggested a heavy reboot, which I did, which restored the shuffle facility, but not the error message when trying to play from a usb stick. Was quoted £2200 for a replacement unit, when equivalent kenwood units were about £650 fitted. Doesn't help solve your problem, but I don't think it's uncommon with these head units

Roy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, what a shame VW dont give good after sales HELPFUL service if something is wrong they should fix it but thats life. thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts