VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From reading the literature on the Tig, it mentions an Aux in socket (in the glove box) for connection of Ipod and USB etc...
I can understand the IPod connection - ie using a jack to connect between headphone out and the aux in, OR using a custom ipod cable with aux out facility, but HOW does USB connect into the system???

Is it USB2.0? Does it support the standard [email protected] spec? Where is the socket and what can you do it for?

or is this some dodgy german translation implying that other 'similar mp3 players and the like can be connected into teh aux in socket???'

i suppose the question to ask - for those of you lucky enough to have a Tig already, then is there a usb socket anywhere???? lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

The AUX-In port is in the central arm-rest cubby hole along with a power socket. I connect my olde worlde i-pod with a straight cable. Can't find a USB port! Will have to check the manual and see what VW say!

·
Registered
121 Posts
No USB as far as I can see.

The aux in is standard iPod earphone socket into 3.5mm jack ( on both ends )

No control other than volume from radio, have to use iPod to select tracks, playlists etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Checked the manual...the USB function would appear to apply to vehicles with a MEDIA-IN socket (in addition to or) as opposed to a AUX-IN one. The MEDIA-IN socket comes with an adapter for USB connection (it says here...).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rosko said:
Checked the manual...the USB function would appear to apply to vehicles with a MEDIA-IN socket (in addition to or) as opposed to a AUX-IN one. The MEDIA-IN socket comes with an adapter for USB connection (it says here...).
clear as mud! so what gets you the Media-In socket? is that when you get the RNS510 and it has the SD card slot? - or is that a different kind of media in socket. i guess that perhaps no one has such a socket fitted, but id be interested to find out what can be done via the usb socket if anyone does indeed know....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Standard 510 has the SD slot but no media in, sorry !!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a SE, has an MP3 socket, cable to buy, but it works. The SD slot is illuminated but will not let you put a card in, its closed off. I haven't tried the CD stacker yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vwfan,

The SD card slot works on my SE, are you sure its blocked off?

Nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts