VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Ensurance now FREE for 3 years for UK VW owners

Check this out. Previously available at a cost of £57 pa for Tiguan owners, this policy runs alongside your existing car insurance but means you can can now go for much cheaper alternative insurers as ENSURANCE provides genuine VW parts, legal cover and hire vehicle.(if a no fault accident) I have just joined to take advantage of the FREE 3 year period and YES it has come with an expiry date of 9th April 2016. https://www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/products/ensurance/ http://volkswagen-ensurance.ensuranceassist.co.uk/assets/documents/VolkswagenEnsuranceCoverBooklet.pdf Just trying to work out the catch but as it's free, can't see one. Goes against all my instincts of "if it's too good to be true, then it usually is"

·
myTiguan Master
4,756 Posts
Check this out. Previously available at a cost of £57 pa for Tiguan owners, this policy runs alongside your existing car insurance but means you can can now go for much cheaper alternative insurers as ENSURANCE provides genuine VW parts, legal cover and hire vehicle.(if a no fault accident)

I have just joined to take advantage of the FREE 3 year period and YES it has come with an expiry date of 9th April 2016.

https://www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/products/ensurance/

http://volkswagen-ensurance.ensuranceassist.co.uk/assets/documents/VolkswagenEnsuranceCoverBooklet.pdf

Just trying work out the catch but as it's free, can't see one. Goes against all my instincts of "it it's too good to be true, then it usually is"
Nice one F B I just insured my Tig with them as well. Mick

·
Registered
2021 VW ID4 1st Edition
4,262 Posts
Thanks for that FB, I've just joined as well. :twoup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great spot, just done the Tig and my 6 year old Eos too, will do the new Tig next month if the offer is still on - thank you!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Excellent!!

Thanks for the heads up on this offer, I'd have never known otherwise - Cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks FB great info. Hope I don't have to use them .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just did this too ! Worth it to know that my car will go to an approved vw body shop!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice find. I suspect they finance the scheme with cost recovery on each claim they "manage".

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not a bad marketing ploy is it...........management costs/genuine VW parts sales/VW authorised repairers/kick back on courtesy hire vehicles and so on....but not bad for the customer?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for this forkbender, great find!

:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cheers. This has saved me, on renewal, checking whether the insurers use VW approved parts and body shop.
Thanks FB.

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the feedback GeoffH. It should result in lower premiums to compare too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just done signed up. Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Forkbender - seems a great deal - just signed up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Folks,

Just looked at the difference between 'paid for' single year policy and the three year 'free' policy.

Differences (looking at the 'paid for' policy) were as follows:

Section 1 - Incident management Included (in 3 year deal)

Section 2 - Accident recovery Not Included (in 3 year deal)

Section 3 - Accident repair guarantee Included (in 3 year deal)

Section 4 - Courtesy car Not Included (in 3 year deal)

Section 5 - Legal expenses Included (in 3 year deal)

Doesn't look to be a problem since the 'missing' sections should be covered by your own car insurance.

I bought the VW Ensurance last October (it cost me £58) but have signed up for the 3 year 'free' deal anyway.

Cheers

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Section 4. The courtesy car facility is provided if it's a "no fault" accident in the 3 year free deal. I too couldn't see an issue with the free 3 year deal as a back up to one's own insurance. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good and I've just signed up. I can see some possible tensions. For example, my existing policy guarantees a courtesy car if repairs are done by an approved repairer. Ensurance only offers "access to" one - a subtle way of saying I have to pay for it - if it's my fault. So if it goes to VW perhaps my insurer will be difficult over the free car. On the other hand, I don't currently have legal cover which Ensurance provides. It seems to me I can always just default to using my existing cover if there are problems, so nothing to lose. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts