VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2022 R-Line that I bought in Dec22. Some days when I first take off, there's a huge hesitation to where sometimes the car jerks a few times and the power is weak. It's an automatic so it's almost like the transmission doesn't know what gear to be in. It's not everytime I drive it and it's done it in cold and hot weather. Haven't taken it in yet, just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Best answer will be take it in. Warranty will address it. Could be almost anything from the computer to even a failed component. Not worth guessing and making you worry. Only a few 22s on here right now and they all have their issues and quirks. VW really needs to step up and start addressing the issues with the 21+ models and sadly why I left VW after 15 years of VW ownership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that makes me sad, I've been wanting a VW and finally got this one since we needed a bigger car for our baby. I'm definitely going to take it in to be checked out. Just wasn't sure if it was some quirk that I needed to get used to.

·
Registered
2022 SEL R-Line Grey
2 Posts
I find starting my R-Line a few minutes before I need to leave in it has helped with this. Not sure what “warming up” does for it, but it works. NO hesitation. It could be a computer diagnostic application?.. I think of it as when you first turn on your home computer. It doesn’t just let you jump right into a program and start working, it has to go and check all programs and applications first before letting you start doing things. I could be wrong, but since I remote start mine, I haven’t had any issues with that “take off lag”… If anyone finds out anything different, I’d like to know. :)

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
56 Posts
I got my 22 Tiguan in April 2022; for two months, I put up with this. Having owned another brand of car, it came to me to do a Transmission Reset. I tried it on the Tiguan, and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. Suggest you give it a try. It works on almost every brand of car with auto transmission. It reset the pedal position in the ECU and transmission.

To do reset

With the car warmed up, and the engine turned off.

1. Depress the Start/Stop button without the foot on the brake pedal. The car does not start but is in the run setting. All the lights on the dash will light up.

2. Depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor until you hear and feel a click like going into passing gear. Hold the pedal all the way down for 20 to 30 seconds.

3. Depress the Start/Stop button as if turning off the engine.

4. Remove the foot from the gas pedal.

5. Wait for 2 to 5 minutes, start the engine, and go for a drive.

If the car does not have the Start/Stop button turn the keyed switch to position 2.

Some people do this every few months. Your driving pattern might change. Relearn your driving style.

Please, after trying this, give feedback if it worked for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL R-Line Grey
2 Posts
@ChuckTiguan Thanks for the post! I tried it and did seem to take care of the “jerky” take off from a cold start. Too bad automakers/engineers can’t design an ECU without hiccups and needing a frequent reset. I guess it’s no different with any technology in today’s day and age. Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
@ChuckTiguan Thanks for the post! I tried it and did seem to take care of the “jerky” take off from a cold start. Too bad automakers/engineers can’t design an ECU without hiccups and needing a frequent reset. I guess it’s no different with any technology in today’s day and age. Thanks again!
Thanks for the follow-up. Nice to know it works and can help others. Hiccups, the car learns your driving style and continues using that driving style. Then the hiccup happens, and it adjusts based on the hiccup that you could have created or something else hiccuped. The reset starts the learning process all over again to your style.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 22 Tiguan in April 2022; for two months, I put up with this. Having owned another brand of car, it came to me to do a Transmission Reset. I tried it on the Tiguan, and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. Suggest you give it a try. It works on almost every brand of car with auto transmission. It reset the pedal position in the ECU and transmission.

To do reset

With the car warmed up, and the engine turned off.

1. Depress the Start/Stop button without the foot on the brake pedal. The car does not start but is in the run setting. All the lights on the dash will light up.

2. Depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor until you hear and feel a click like going into passing gear. Hold the pedal all the way down for 20 to 30 seconds.

3. Depress the Start/Stop button as if turning off the engine.

4. Remove the foot from the gas pedal.

5. Wait for 2 to 5 minutes, start the engine, and go for a drive.

If the car does not have the Start/Stop button turn the keyed switch to position 2.

Some people do this every few months. Your driving pattern might change. Relearn your driving style.

Please, after trying this, give feedback if it worked for you.
Have you tried the transmission reset? See post #5 above on how to do this.

It worked for me and was also reported by another member in another post the other week that it worked for them.
2022 Sluggish or erratic acceleration | VW Tiguan Forum (mytiguan.com) see post #9
I have my Tiguan for 2 weeks and was searching why it was so jerky when shifting I am so glad I found this forum. I tried it and it worked! Thank you !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts