VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, 5th VW, love our 2017 Tiguan. The touchscreen intermittently stops responding, I've been doing some testing, mornings when the car is cooler, works fine. After work when its been sitting and the interior is pretty hot, no joy. The dealer is aware but before I drive 90 minutes back to him, thought I'd reach out to the group.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Sadly all touch screen radios suffer the same fate. If you are good with tools and electronics toi can buy a new screen for under $80us and change it yourself. Took me a few hours on an RNS510.

Reactions: Leam Moore

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2016 got to the point where the right side of the screen stopped responding and the touch sense thought something was always touching it. It chimed forever. Replace under wtty. I bought the 4 year extended full coverage. The radio was $1200 plus labor. Keyless had to be reprogrammed too.saved $1600 with a $100 deductible. I love the car, but without a good wtty even "minor" issues are major.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
All over eBay and AliExpress just make sure you get the one for your radio. Rns and rdc use different screens.

Reactions: Leam Moore
1 - 6 of 6 Posts