VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just joined this group after purchasing a 2021 VW Tiguan Highline R-Line in September. I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues as me and what has happened. Every time I turn the car on and it hasn't been turned on for >8 hours, the entire system fails. Back up camera, screen, radio, navigation - Nothing will come on. Beeping still works but the entire system will not show up and all I'm left with is a black screen. After about 10-20 minutes it starts cycling through trying to start again, and the VW logo finally comes up. It can sometimes take up to 10-15 tries (another 10-15 minutes) before it is successful. I brought the car in for service and they did an update a week after I bought it, but it did not help the situation. Now it was in for service for two days, the issue happened in the dealership and they said their system still says nothing is wrong. They are ordering (on back order) and F5 module but said it could be months before it comes in and they don't even know if it will fix it. Just trying to see if anyone else is in a similar situation and what has happened.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
No this isn't a common problem, or one I've seen reported (and I monitor this, the mk2 Tiguan, T-Roc and T-Cross forums that all have the same head unit). I don't know what your buying laws are like over there but that's unacceptable and I'd be asking for a replacement car till it's fixed or rejecting the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same thing with my 2018 Tiguan Limited. Infotainment system craps out and is off for 1 minute or 30 minutes. For me happens randomly, either after starting the car or slamming the gas. Took it to the dealership and since it was working at the time they said they couldnt swap out the unit. Waiting for it to happen again to record the unit not working and also getting the vin in the same video. Whether swapping out the unit will fix the problem is another matter as I've seen this is a problem going back since the discovery media unit was introduced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Additionally, you should research your local laws as the admin stated. Where I live if the manufacturer fails to fix a problem under warranty, you are entitled to a new vehicle or a refund of it's current market price. You may have similar laws.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, just joined this group after purchasing a 2021 VW Tiguan Highline R-Line in September. I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues as me and what has happened. Every time I turn the car on and it hasn't been turned on for >8 hours, the entire system fails. Back up camera, screen, radio, navigation - Nothing will come on. Beeping still works but the entire system will not show up and all I'm left with is a black screen. After about 10-20 minutes it starts cycling through trying to start again, and the VW logo finally comes up. It can sometimes take up to 10-15 tries (another 10-15 minutes) before it is successful. I brought the car in for service and they did an update a week after I bought it, but it did not help the situation. Now it was in for service for two days, the issue happened in the dealership and they said their system still says nothing is wrong. They are ordering (on back order) and F5 module but said it could be months before it comes in and they don't even know if it will fix it. Just trying to see if anyone else is in a similar situation and what has happened.
I've had the same thing with my 2018 Tiguan Limited. Infotainment system craps out and is off for 1 minute or 30 minutes. For me happens randomly, either after starting the car or slamming the gas. Took it to the dealership and since it was working at the time they said they couldnt swap out the unit. Waiting for it to happen again to record the unit not working and also getting the vin in the same video. Whether swapping out the unit will fix the problem is another matter as I've seen this is a problem going back since the discovery media unit was introduced.
How did you fix this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have the same problem with my 2021 Tiguan SEL, according to the dealer that is a software issue, which I think is pure BS, I have been waiting about a year to get that problem fix and nothing. did they fix your problem??????

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
Sounds like an issue with the US/Canadian head units maybe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The radio, CD player, navigation system & backup camera stopped working on my 2014 Tiguan. The dealer tells me that the "5F radio" needs to be replaced. Cost is $4,080.25 Canadian plus tax. German engineering? Nein!! POS. This is my first & last VW.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
So you joined to just blast your thoughts? Grab a used nav system off eBay for $400. Just need the dealer to unlock it and pair it to your system. $4k is a i dont want to do it price. Electronics fail. Vw is not the only one effected. It happens on all makes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts