VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. I test drove the 2.0 Tdi sport in black yesterday and was surprsied how nippy it was. I have had an EOS for 8 months and never really been happy with it, so I was curious about the Tiguan. Posted here a while ago with a few queries and concerns about it, but in the flesh it is so much nicer!

So I ordered the following:
Deep Black Sport 2.0Tdi
Black Leather
Bi-Xenon headlights
Multi function steering wheel
DVD Navigation
Dynaudio
6 CD auto changer
Park Assist (how cool is this!!!)
Parking sensors

Got a good price on my EOS too!

Unconfirmed build date for me is week 6 so MAY have it in Maarch, but may go onto April

Karen

PS We will then have Daddy VW (V10 Touareg!), Mummy (Tiguan) and Baby (lupo!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kaine

It was a cache problem!

Oh I added climatronic dual zone air con too!

Keep looking at the brochure, website and getting very excited!

Karen

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice spec

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It is a nice spec indeed - motivated me to sort a spec out too

my spec is basically the same, with Tints and Winter Pack as the only extras - got to have a warm bum in the Winter

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you going for leather Kaine? If so , there is no need for a winter pack as far as I know. You get heated seats and washers with the leather on the Sport model. I had it selected at first until the dealer pointed out the small print.

Karen

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
karend said:
Are you going for leather Kaine? If so , there is no need for a winter pack as far as I know. You get heated seats and washers with the leather on the Sport model. I had it selected at first until the dealer pointed out the small print.

Karen
Thanks Karen - didn't spot that

·
Registered
862 Posts
My dealers are expecting their demo sometime this week with a launch weekend 8,9,10 Feb...so not simultaneous for all dealers
I'll just have to wait a bit longer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm quite surprised that the release is so staggered! I seem to be very lucky to have driven one around town on trade plates. I spoke to the dealer today who said that they aren't selling the 2 demos they have until they can guarantee more stock. They have had a LOT of interest.. they must have seen me

Who'd have though that little Corkills in Wigan of all places would be one of the first (possibly) to get demos!

Karen

I've just seen the Tiguan ad on Discovery channel - the car looks FAB and very mean

·
Registered
862 Posts
My dealers said they're puttimg one on the road as a demo & keeping one in the showroom. They already have 10 orders and 3 of those are from Treg owners.

The ad was on prime-time ITV tonight between 9 & 10pm, so they're spending some budget on promoting it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just ordered a standard 20 TDi SE from Smith Knight and Fay in Stockport, was over Manchester yesterday picking daughter up from University and saw a VW dealership, called in, got a far better welcome than locally (Teesside) a far better cost to change (Honda CRV diesel) so they got my business. Told to expect delivery in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Kaine,
Got a Cosmic Grey CRV to chop, so I've gone all safe and ordered a Silver one, really looking forward to the car, been watching for a while but as I said could not get a deal local, just tried another dealer as I was in the Manchester area on the off chance. Having said that went 50 miles for my last Honda 'cos the local guy wouldn't play ball

·
Registered
121 Posts
Like Karend I had an Eos for 9 months but changing for different reasons to do with frame on leg but also not over happy with it, leaks etc.

New Tiguan ordered yesterday and as its standard and already sitting waiting for shipping on a dock somewhere could be here in less than a fortnight.

Thats the advantage of going for standard car and not getting extras !!

Getting sadly excited now !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts