VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Tiguan 5N Facelift 2.0 TDI
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I haven't found any similar post and decided to ask what is the difference between Tiguan MK1 FL 2.0 TDI 110kw with RLine trim and for example Tiguan MK1 2.0 TDI 110kw Sport? At first site I would say RLine has bigger RLine 19" alloy wheels, RLine badge on the front grille and maybe slightly different sport - leather seats. Is there any difference in height, springs, different suspension or something else? Once again on the paper both RLine and Sport have the same 2.0 TDI 110kw engine (I talk about European models)

· Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Never heard of an FL model ? Usually (but varies from year to year AND depending on the options purchased at the time of first order, the R-Line has sports suspension and some may even have adjustable suspension. Generally though it’s just trim items rather than performance ones. Engine is the same in the same year. Trim usually includes slight flares on the guards which makes the car look wider, maybe black head liner, different seats etc.

· Registered
Tiguan 5N Facelift 2.0 TDI
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, by FL I meant facelift 5N model (2011-2016). When I try to notice differences between RLine and regular Tiguan from outside it is very difficult to me. But when I look at RLine it's somehow much more beautiful and has sportier look. Does RLine have lower ground clearance and stiffer suspension?

· Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,488 Posts
Different countries have different models and specifications, so there's not just standard and sport in the UK. In fact ours have more complicated designations, we don't have a sport but an R line.

· Registered
89 Posts
Tricky is what VW model designations are we have a facelift 2l diesel BMT 4motion sport tiguan, factory fitted arch extensions the 19" wheels but the sport road springs are only VW supply as they differ to other tiguans it sits no lower but is stiffer. non leather trim, dsg box auto parking and other stuff on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts