VW Tiguan Forum banner

Tiguan engine tunning

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shawng 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, I was wondering if any of you all could tell me if I can put a seat leon twin turbo on my tiguan's engine. I have heard they are the exact same engines with the only difference being the twin turbo. Since the Seat Leon has it on its stock model (not an upgrade) I thought to myself if it can be possible to use one on my 2.0 tsi tiguan?

Also, any suggestions on a deep sound exhaust on the market? (preferably in the US or Mexico)

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes/No would be the answer, not without remapping the engine to the twin turbos as fuel delivery will be different too lean will see those piston rings burn too much and your going to suffer to, unless it gives the exact same air in take has same fittings ect which IMO would be pointless for a bit quicker pickup and a lot of work and $$.

Reactions: Johnny
#3 ·
Enigma is spot on. Mapping is going to be the key thing to sort out. As for the physical parts, anything will 'fit' with enough time, effort and $$$. That said, there are a lot of turnkey kits with bigger turbos and mapping that will probably achieve the same or more HP/TQ gains for a lot less money. they just won't be as cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.