VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is concerned of door damage? I am picking up my Sport Tig on Saturday but looking at the pictures only the bottom of the door has protection. The middle section or ridge looks especially vulnerable to knocks. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've noticed the recent trend for cars not to have rubbing strips around mid-door level and shared your concerns. I'm fortunate with my Touareg (a wide beasty) to have escaped the car park "dings" over the last 2.5 years of ownership.

Hoping for the same with the Tig

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Yes I was a bit worried about the doors on the tiguan & parking dents it mite pick up.
when I had an xc90 I had running boards fitted.So anyone opening there doors would do more damage to there car than mine.
This website http://www.formula4.co.uk have Side Mouldings & side steps for the Vw tiguan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Huds, looks like a good solution. Can you fit the mouldings yourself or should a VW dealer do this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Redsam said:
Thanks Huds, looks like a good solution. Can you fit the mouldings yourself or should a VW dealer do this?
There easy to fit yourself, It`s just got a Sticky back on the trims strips.
I`ve used this type before & as long as the area they are stuck to is clean they wont move or lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts