VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I realise most people have not managed to get discounts from dealership as it is a new vehicle. However, the likes of broadspeed.com and drivethedeal.com can supposedly save you up to ?1500 on the RRP. I have contacted broadspeed and it seems that at least 50% of that price is their commission. Drivethedeal are prepared to give you a printed quote to take to the dealer for a princely sum of ?34.

Question is, has anyone a.) used any of these companies and b.) tried to take a quote and get the dealer at least come close to this?

I am very confused as 2 dealers refuse to budge on the price, but there are multiple companies online that will get you about 7-8% price off?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm not sure this is the case in this instance, however

Broadspeed and DrivetheDeal just farm your order off to dealers anyway - once they get your order, they then place the order so the lead-times they quote are only 'indicative' - dealers are not discounting yet as they dont need too - the old demand/supply economics coming into play.

Broadspeed and Drivethedeal offer discounts based on quantities - my neighbour works for a carleasing firm and told me last week that 'fleet' discounts are already available (or around now anyway) hence the discounts they can offer - private sale discounts will come, but clearly its not the right time yet

Thats my opinion on the situation anyway

Kaine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. However that does not really answer the questions. ie:

a.) Has anyone used one of these discount companies and what was the experience like?
b.) Has anyone tried to use these quotes with a dealership to get the prices knocked down? Bearing in mind the dealership probably wont match, but a discount is a discount is a discount (even if its ?100!)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sorry

in case of the first point, I haven't used them myself, but have read many positive comments about Broadspeed in the past

in case of the second point, I think its early days for the Tiguan for negotiations like that - however its tough times for dealers at the moment, so its always worth a try. I did exactly that with my wifes Mini and they matched Broadspeeds price exactly

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My apologies if I was blunt, I didnt mean to be. I am still nervous about using a 3rd party, even if I paid a little more I would be happy to deal with the dealership if they would make me an offer. I will give it a go tomorrow, but not expecting much. Will let everyone know how it goes. I think that + the lengthy delays must give me some kind of bargaining power.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went to my local dealer in Leeds with a print out from 'dealdrivers' with a 2.0tdi sport with, cruise-control, sunroof, winter pack & dvd sat nav. Total should have been on the road ?25,270.00. Deal drivers offered ?1809 discount incidentally.

He wouldn't do me any discount, and said they're that sought after we don't need to discount. He also said they were only getting an allocation of 29 that year, which I found interesting and maybe another reason why they weren't willing to do a deal.

I then rang another less local dealer who knocked me off over ?1450 off and threw in a fitted Parrot bluetooth phone kit worth over ?230 and a full tank of fuel. I reckon I almost got to the ?1809 'dealdrivers' were offering but with the security of a local dealership. So there are dealers out there that will do deal. Mines now on order with a 12-14 wait!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i didnt get much off....apparently the dealer only got 5% markup on the 'factory fit options'. he gave me this 5% back. Also, gave me a full tank of diesel and i got him to agree to a fixed trade in price (regardless of how long the order took)..... in terms of the baseline price then they flat blank refused to discount it.... (again i got the 'we are only allocated x tiguans for this year')

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
peterbrown05 said:
....apparently the dealer only got 5% markup on the 'factory fit options'
how do they live with themselves telling such porkies!!! Fleet buyers get over 10% off

Nice to get some discount though

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've just plugged the numbers in the calculator, admittedly we wanted quite a few factory fitted extras, but wanted the newly released 170 TDi sport, we managed a 7% discount or 1800quid from list, which was arranged via a broker through a local (ish) VW dealer to us.

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts