VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My new Tiguan Allspace 2021 has problems with bluetooth and carplay. I'm unable to use it and my dealer wants me to bring in the car for checking/repair.
The problem is that I cannot bring the car before august.

Is it possible to reinstall the infotainment systems firmware ourselves. If so, it might solve the issue?

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Most of the newer software and firmware is not yet available to the public without great expense. Plus it would jeopardize your warranty if something crashed in the middle of an update.doing it yourself. Sorry my advise is to wait it out. These decks seems to be having some early issues, and I'd highly suggest waiting or modifying your schedule to try and get it in early.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely a dealer visit as this work could give the person sorting it big headaches if it goes wrong during the download.
At least if it is at their premises and it goes wrong they are responsible for sorting it.
Even if you could attempt a fix for it I wouldn’t due to the warranty.
Looks like VW haven’t really tested this system fully as the amount of issues being raised would make me question if the end user (New Owners) are the ones doing the testing live after purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? On the 3rd day with my brand new 2021 Tiguan, the infotainment system failed. It’s in a rebooting cycle that ends in a black screen. No maps. No compass. No driving mode. No radio. No car play.

you know what they told me today? Software, but they don’t have an update to fix it, so they said I just have to wait. To drive around in a brand new car with no radio. No charging. No screen. No maps.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Sorry to hear about your infotainment system failure. I'd be po'd too. The original poster akke was last on a month ago. I would suggest listening to the comments in posts 2&3. Keep after your dealer in a polite but firm tone.

Wish you all the best for a speedy fix.

Garry

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? On the 3rd day with my brand new 2021 Tiguan, the infotainment system failed. It’s in a rebooting cycle that ends in a black screen. No maps. No compass. No driving mode. No radio. No car play.

you know what they told me today? Software, but they don’t have an update to fix it, so they said I just have to wait. To drive around in a brand new car with no radio. No charging. No screen. No maps.
That's rubbish otherwise everyone with this unit would be having the same problem, and it is in all new VW's, Tiguan, passat, golf, polo, t-cross, T-roc, .... How would they know replacement software would fix it? As it's so new I take it you could reject it as it's not as advertised?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's rubbish otherwise everyone with this unit would be having the same problem, and it is in all new VW's, Tiguan, passat, golf, polo, t-cross, T-roc, .... How would they know replacement software would fix it? As it's so new I take it you could reject it as it's not as advertised?
Well that’s kind of what I’m thinking. But they said the 2022 Taos is having this issue and it’s the same unit in the 2021 Tiguan.

I’ve emailed my sales rep and seem to be getting good responses.I need a solution that isn’t “hang tight wait and see.” I got this car to drive across the country and I can’t without all the systems operational.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your infotainment system failure. I'd be po'd too. The original poster akke was last on a month ago. I would suggest listening to the comments in posts 2&3. Keep after your dealer in a polite but firm tone.

Wish you all the best for a speedy fix.

Garry
Agree with you! Followed up with my sales rep last night who seemed like she wanted to find a solution. I just don't know what that solution is besides getting into a new car or returning this one and moving on from the whole thing. Day 4 of a four year lease is not a good time to have problems.

·
Administrator
2,088 Posts
They could do a swop of the media unit to see if it fixes it, seems their answer is can't be bothered to do much work on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They could do a swop of the media unit to see if it fixes it, seems their answer is can't be bothered to do much work on it.
that’s what I’m thinking / pushing for. Or a new car. Their claim is that since it’s software it’ll be the same issue. So now I wonder, is everyone having this issue then? Are you not showing new Tiguan for a while? Hm.

My sales rep said she would get back to me Monday afternoon with a solution.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Here is a link VWTOTHEMAXX to a couple of dealer experiences threads depending on your outcome.

·
Administrator
2,088 Posts
that’s what I’m thinking / pushing for. Or a new car. Their claim is that since it’s software it’ll be the same issue. So now I wonder, is everyone having this issue then? Are you not showing new Tiguan for a while? Hm.

My sales rep said she would get back to me Monday afternoon with a solution.
Then call them out on it. Let them show you another Tiguan doing the same thing.

·
Administrator
2,088 Posts
Best of luck...

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the exact same issue. I picked up my car on the 30th April. Every day the SOS light comes on and everything stops working. More often than not the User Profile doesn't load either or if it does, it is such a long time doing it that I have already got to where I am going. Just called Volkswagen again this morning to see if there is an update on the fix to be told that there isn't. So like you, a brand new car which feels like I have stepped back to the dark ages! So frustrating!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the exact same issue. I picked up my car on the 30th April. Every day the SOS light comes on and everything stops working. More often than not the User Profile doesn't load either or if it does, it is such a long time doing it that I have already got to where I am going. Just called Volkswagen again this morning to see if there is an update on the fix to be told that there isn't. So like you, a brand new car which feels like I have stepped back to the dark ages! So frustrating!
They have finally agreed to replace the unit. But of course it’s on back order. With no known arrival date. I’ve threatened to bring the car back and want out of my lease, which they said they can’t do. I’ll call VW today, perhaps a lawyer too.

i asked if they could swap with one of this Taos all wheel drives that they aren’t allowed to sell. They said no. Guess it turns them into a chop shop. But if VW sent good cars they wouldn’t have to run a chop shop haha.

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Parts are backordered everywhere right now. Just have to wait it out. It's not going to her any better anytime soon. There are tens of thousands of parked vehicles waiting on parts to complete them at the factories as well. Tell we can get people back to work it's not going to happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts