VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Kaine

I see theres an option to add DAB radio on the updated specs for 2009 ,do you know if this could be added to the current set up on the RCD 510. I had DAB radio in my last car and miss it. Thanks Louis

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you think this implies these updates apply to cars built after (week 22, w/c 26 May 2008). So I (expecting a build date of wk 26), should have all these updates if applicable?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats a good question. As I dont even have a build date yet, anticipated for Aug/Sept will these new features be automatically added?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'd speak to your dealer - if your build date is post WC 26/May then tell them you expect the changes to be included

Louis - good question indeed, however not sure how to confirm this without speaking with a techie at your dealership - but as the cars so young, I'm not sure they will know yet either

Kaine

·
Registered
121 Posts
The manual for the 510 covers the DAB option so I guess the radio is available and could be a straight swap.

Dont know why it was not included from the start if available !!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered my T&F (=Escape) back in January, should be delivered on 10/7. I did not care about the build date yet but now I got to ask for it because I want to know if I will really get the chrome fins in the radiator grille!!! I don't like them

we'll see...if I have to change my avatar

or...I get an "old" grille with the chrome frame only and have it retro-fitted - so get a MY2009 without all that chrome - and leave the avatar as it is!

In my view, VW is really overdoing it with chrome lately (Passat, new Touareg)

cheers Gerald

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can only agree with g_doer
Just ordered a silver escape yesterday and will be very dissapointed if it arrives with chrome fins on the grill thats why i ordered the escape to reduce all the chrome. Dont like it at all.
So I have to hope I get the old version. Otherwise out comes the black paint

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
CPH said:
I can only agree with g_doer
Just ordered a silver escape yesterday and will be very dissapointed if it arrives with chrome fins on the grill thats why i ordered the escape to reduce all the chrome. Dont like it at all.
So I have to hope I get the old version. Otherwise out comes the black paint
The full chrome on the "Escape" model was nothing to do with build year initially, rather it was what the particular market had ordered. In New Zealand ALL models have "full chrome" and have from the start (ie 08 models). We don't even have any 09s in the country yet and from what I hear won't have for something like 3 months. So, guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not necessarily a "build year" issue.

Personally I LOVE the chrome grill on my Track and Field and would have been quite annoyed if it didn't have it, guess it's just a matter of personal preferences eh.

Cheers

·
Registered
405 Posts
........yeah another one here for the Chrome Grill.

I really like it as well.

Even thinking of putting more chrome on. Like the back Strip! and maybe the Stainless door insert/scuff guards!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
Rocc said:
........yeah another one here for the Chrome Grill.

I really like it as well.

Even thinking of putting more chrome on. Like the back Strip! and maybe the Stainless door insert/scuff guards!

Cheers!
Hiya Rocc

I've got a 4motion badge for the back of mine (they don't have them in NZ cos they're ALL 4motion) plus a RED i for the TDi, plus I've got another 4motion one that I'm thinking of putting between the chrome bars in the grill !! Have also thought of the chrome boot strip as it gives you a way of closing the boot without "manhandling" the paintwork (trouble is things like this are VERY hard to get in NZ) and also wondered about "making up" a chrome oval to fit on the fuel flap so there's somewhere to "push" rather than on the paintwork again. Would also do the chrome door handle look if it became available too I think !!! Yeh for the BLING !!!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just spoken to my dealer. Despite ordering my Tig at the beginning of March, mine will be a 2009 spec.

I have finally had a build week of 31 (although only an estimate), with delivery mid-Oct!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello

I have recently ordered a Tiguan, my dealer tells me he can't spec DVD/Satnav with Park Assist, is this due to the 2009 changes? Does it mean that Park Assist now as standard on 2009 build?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
610 Posts
zippo said:
Hello

I have recently ordered a Tiguan, my dealer tells me he can't spec DVD/Satnav with Park Assist, is this due to the 2009 changes? Does it mean that Park Assist now as standard on 2009 build?

Thanks

David
Ask your dealer again as I'm sure that that combination is available, are you outside the UK?

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
zippo said:
Hello

Thanks

David
Will depend where you are in the world, in New Zealand Park Assist IS standard but to date we're the only country I know where it is.

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
NZTIGUAN said:
Personally I LOVE the chrome grill on my Track and Field and would have been quite annoyed if it didn't have it, guess it's just a matter of personal preferences eh.
Your right about personal preference. I much prefer the black grill and roof rails on my Escape over the chrome.

Keith

1 - 20 of 25 Posts