VW Tiguan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh and last one.

How does the xds feel? I've been analyzing the ABS upgrade as well to have diff lock as sometimes I go offroad.

But the xds vector torque magic sounds great as well, have you noticed any difference?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your nice words

-How does the RS Q3 steering curve feel?

It feels quite lights in city and perfect in highway. I like this like steering but with nice precision. One friend of mine consider it to light, but you can test different versions (passat, tiguan, etc). The best is to try

-Do you have the part number for the central instrument cluster with turbo boost, oil temp etc?

The one I have is from beetle but you also have from Scirocco, 5c5919527 and 1k8919527

-Did you offset your wheels so they sit flush with the extended arches? Does it rub?

No, everything from factory. If you search VW catalog, it's mandatory to put the arches when you go to 19 rims.

-How about the quality of the headlights? How are they aging? That's my biggest fear on non-oem headlights, but they are the only way to get projectors for a reasonable price and effort

I'm happy with the lights, after 3 summers just a little peal on top (you have to be close to see) that should be easily resolved with some headlight restore. I also see cars with 3/4 years with headlights starting to burn, so... I think they are quite ok. The leds are not as bright as OEM, and to get the max brightness you have to "play" with BCM eeprom.

-How does the xds feel? I've been analyzing the ABS upgrade as well to have diff lock as sometimes I go offroad.

To be honest, don't feel it that much, I believe it's placebo effect. If you have ABS from "first gen" you have ESP off, don't know if I would trade it for XDS. If you want to have PLA2 you will have to update it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nice. Like that.

·
Registered
878 Posts
cool!!!
i see 3 buttons what do the second do?
the first is for the dim.....
the 3 i saw....

do this connect with can?
part number :razz: ? I also want hahahahaah

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today I finally installed the remaining wheel arches. With the wheel arches installed no more excuses... So the new rims also were installed

fz9lpy.jpg
Mate, these are some of the most gorgeous wheels I've see on a black tig.

Can you please advise specs of the wheel and tyre... (brand and tyre spec: eg 240/45/18)..

I have a black one and keen to get a 5 spoke.

Did you buy a VW centre cap for them?

Info please, info please!!

Admirer from afar.

Regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
-Do you have the part number for the central instrument cluster with turbo boost, oil temp etc?

The one I have is from beetle but you also have from Scirocco, 5c5919527 and 1k8919527
end of this year it will be possible run it in any TDi engine

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
end of this year it will be possible run it in any TDi engine
Let me guess, you are using the can ECU RX/TX flags that JMB123 and his friend found and that JMB123 gave to you? Nice, if that is correct Im that friend and Im glad i could help.

Why do you think I enabled the cruise control display:

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topic/30089-question-to-cruise-control-retrofitters/?p=491682

and helped http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/user/87097-kupla61/ , with JMB123, to activate the ACC!

http://www.vagarena.fi/index.php?topic=31324.msg603846#msg603846

;-)

·
Registered
82 Posts
41 - 60 of 199 Posts