VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not an owner yet, am still considering the options, what can you tell me to persuade me to but one !!

My current Eos is fantastic but an external frame on my ankle for the next few months forces me to sell for something with more leg room next to the brake pedal

Reviews all look good, just delivery seems to be a problem.

Anyone out there with a Tiguan, can you tell me the space between the brake pedal and transmission tunnel !!??

Anything anyone doesn't like ?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
not sure about the space - your probably better off checking this out yourself at the dealer just to be sure.

In case of persuassion to buy one, then it comes down to the competition - assuming you've already decided you want a biggish 4x4 car. Honda CRV, Freelander 2, BMW X3, Nissan X-Trail, Toyota RAV4 etc etc - personally I think the Tiguan looks very fresh and has some great features.

The only hiccup I'd pick up is price - 5% discounts would be nice

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been reliably informed that the dealerships only have 3% margin on Tiguans under strict control of VW.... a sales manager friend of a friend has said to date they have sold 3 at his dealership and so far the most he has done in way of an offer is a set of ?75 roof bars.... Had a real hard time on my hands securing my deal.... got the right money for my Treg in the end, but no movement on the Tig.... however i did get a full tank of fuel....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
chunks,

I've had a similar conversation with a neighbour who runs a pretty well known car leasing company - he confirmed your info, however he also said give it 2/3 months and 5-10% will be available for fleet buys and therefore will be available to the public buyers depending on dealer targets etc - he was very sure about this as they move a lot of VW's.

Kaine

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kaine, I have that in hand. A friend has also been to look and says I will egt the frame in, so now to persuade the dealer to give a good deal !!!!

Had VW for years now so though I have looked at the others you mention I will probably go for the Tig

Will keep you posted !!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Kaine said:
chunks,

I've had a similar conversation with a neighbour who runs a pretty well known car leasing company - he confirmed your info, however he also said give it 2/3 months and 5-10% will be available for fleet buys and therefore will be available to the public buyers depending on dealer targets etc - he was very sure about this as they move a lot of VW's.

Kaine
Kaine,

this guy says he has been told no discounts for at least 9 months.... but like you say VW will have to give fleet deals or they wont shift them... So have you done the deal yet or are you now sitting back and waiting to see whats what after a couple of months....

Justin

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At last one arrived in deepest Cumbria.

I had test drive yesterday to prove I could get my temporary external leg frame in for the next few months and I could.( Doc tells me I can drive once I find a car I can get in !!! ) Getting quite excited now, sad isnt it.

Now, how quickly can I get one so I can get my freedom back !!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
pbrom said:
At last one arrived in deepest Cumbria.
Whereabouts are you?

I had the call to say their demo had arrived from my dealer, Hadwins, South Lakes, about a month ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
St Bees.

Dealer in Workington.

Car arrived last week but was only registered on Saturday and due to my temporary disability I could not get there to look at it in the showroom !!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, thats it.

Car ordered and as its standard and already sitting waiting for shipping could be here in less than a fortnight.

Thats the advantage of going for standard car and not getting extras !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone in Aberdeen need to change rear brakes on 2012 car with 8,000 miles dealer said it was normal wear...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts