VW Tiguan Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Okay, this is the latest on my Tiguan.

The shake has got worse. I have not addressed the Haldex but intend to dig in sometime this week. However, I am far from being convinced that the Haldex is the issue. There is very little doubt that the shake begins in the front of the vehicle. The shake has gradually got worse.

The shake was probably there when we purchased the vehicle in Febuary, 2020 with exactly 68,002 miles on the odometer. Today, it is nearing 90k miles and the shake is horrible. So, it amazes me that an original CV Joint would be going south with such low miles. And, as I may have previously stated, the right inner joint did seem a bit loose or wiggly upon inspection at the last oil change about 1 month ago.

So, besides a VW OE replacement shaft assembly, are there any reputable aftermarket suggestions?

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
FCP Euro has great Quality parts all with full lifetime warranties. They should have any part you need.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Just out of curiosity. Pull your plugs, I know you said no misfire, look to see if there is any oil down in the plug tubes. Call it a hunch.

Also like my issue. My main ground to the transmission all looked fine, removed it to find hidden corrosion. Cleaned it and my transmission issue has disappeared including the droning and vibration.

Reactions: AndyBees
21 - 23 of 23 Posts