VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i'm just about to take the plunge...... I'm saying good bye to my Treg, that has Xenon's.... was thinking that maybe I wouldn't opt for them.... because the dealer has 8 pre orders and he can match my required spec, bar the lights..... So would you go without or factory order.... which I'm told is 8 - 10 weeks...??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
how bizarre - I'm just making the same decision and have opted not to go with Xenons - to be honest although they are good, the standard lights are perfectly acceptable imo (plus ?815 can be spent better elsewhere - i.e. pana roof)

·
Registered
22 Posts
if your mainly motorway driving then go without the xenons.

If your doing a lot of A roads or B roads then you need the xenons. end of.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Scottie said:

Fi - I'm not with you on that one - we live down A and B roads and dont have Xenons on the Mini or the Allroad and its fine.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sorry, just to add - the Xenons are better of course, but I find the latest cars with standard lights are just fine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kaine said:
Scottie said:

Fi - I'm not with you on that one - we live down A and B roads and dont have Xenons on the Mini or the Allroad and its fine.
well obviously you have better eye sight than me.

I find on the A and B roads that xenon lights, light the road up better has a longer throw.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
also there is an argument for them being more energy efficient and last longer - hold on, I'm talking myself back into them now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kaine said:
also there is an argument for them being more energy efficient and last longer - hold on, I'm talking myself back into them now
so you are. Stop being such a tight git and order them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not keen the Pana roof.... not sure why, it just doesn't really appeal.... i'm currently running around in a Passat and think that the standard headlights are dire..... hence my concerns ... What else have you opt'd for.... I keep erming and ahring over the whole sat nav thing... ?2k for sat nav and dynoaudio.... i have always been let down by the system in the Treg.....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
had this conversation last night with a friend about to order an A5 - he swears by his TomTom - voice recognition, mp3 drive, full BT interface and only ?200 - he always calls me mad for getting incar NAV. However the dynaudio may be worth it as I felt the standard audio was poor

·
Registered
862 Posts
This is a loop I've just been through. Never had Xenon's but last winter I did a lot of driving before sunrise and after sunset in some shitty weather and, although I rate the Touareg's standard lights as good, I felt I wanted better. I've taken the leap and ordered then for the Tig (AND the sunroof after it was fitted to the demo & loved it
)

Opted NOT to take the fitted satnav and will go down the TomTom route or similar this time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh well.... I've gone and done it now.. !!!!

2.0TDi Sport Auto
Pearl Black
Xenon's
Dynuaudio Sat Nav
Leather
Park Assist
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
2 Zone Climate

and just waiting for confirmation on tow bar options...

been told could have it by second week of April... Be sad to see the Treg go, but needs must... I travel into London 3 times a week and the ?25 a day congestion charge was the last straw...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Woohoo!

So, it was "yes" to Xenons and "no" to the sunroof in the end. I wouldn't normally have gone for the sunroof, but the demo had it and it convinced me that it was a little more special than the run of the mill types previously offered...so went for it

Don't forget to update the poll on "myTreg": http://www.mytreg.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5196

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I like the pana roof - we had the full pana roof on the old AUDI A2 and now on the Mini - I wouldn't have a sunroof, but would always go for a pana roof personally

1 - 16 of 16 Posts