VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally popped into my local dealer this morning (VW Bridgnorth) as I hadn't heard anything back via the VW UK route

it seemed no enquiry had been passed onto them, hence no call back

I went out in a 2.0tdi SE in pretty much standard spec, but with Leather and drivers 12-way electric. My biggest concern about the Tiguan was the potential lack of quality feel, however I can happily say my concern was misguided - it felt like a nice place to be - very comfy seats and great driving position. The next good point was although its a small 4x4, it did feel like a 4x4 - you got the high road position and secure sensation from being in a 4x4.

The 2.0tdi 140PS engine is plenty quick enough (I agree with everyone else on this one) - I'm sure the 170PS will be great too, but I'd be very happy with the 140PS in the Tig, plus it was very quiet. Also it handled very well for a thin, tall car - again a pleasant suprise.

Other points -

- standard hifi wasn't too good (but I'm always picky with the Audio so you may not agree with me on this)
- good to see a full size spare in the boot;
- decent rear seat space
- nice techy feel to the ICE interface

some pics of the demo car (SE)

View attachment 42

View attachment 43

One interest comment from the Salesman who showed me the Tig plus sorted the test drive (Sam) is that they had only been given a yearly allocation of 9 Tig's
and 4 have already been sold - sales technique or actual case this seems odd. Also I was quoted May delivery if I ordered this week

Kaine

·
Registered
862 Posts
Loz commented on the rear legroom too...she is 5'10" the same as me, but her inside leg is 33", compared to 29" for me. She always struggles with legroom on planes, etc, but in the back of the Tig, looking after little Alex...no problems!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts