VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the call from VW now... test drive is on Monday 3rd.

its all very exciting!

they've also offered to take the Mk4 Golf GTI off our hands too, but I'll see how much they offer. If its insulting (which lets face it, it probably will be) we might just give it to my mother to replace her Mk3 Golf GTI...

The wife wanted to try out a 2.0 petrol model but they've only got a diesel available.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the VW sales guy trying to work his sales techniques on my wife - who works in sales - and can get blood from a stone! He might have a bad day!

Anyway, we'll let you know how it goes...

·
Registered
203 Posts
leviticus18_23 said:
The wife wanted to try out a 2.0 petrol model but they've only got a diesel available.

Anyway, we'll let you know how it goes...
I might be wrong, but I thought it was either the 2 litre diesel or the 1.4 TSI (150 bhp) petrol.

And please do post yourthoughts on your test drive and dealer experience.

·
Registered
92 Posts
it is currently, but a 2.0 TFSI will be available in late summer...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, is the 1.4 version a bit... well... gutless?

I don't care as I drive a 1.9TD Transporter, but my wife has a Mk4 Golf GTi...

·
Registered
92 Posts
having not personnally driven the 1.4 ..... i cant really comment, but have driven a Golf with the same lump and that went well enough.... being a supercharged and turbo charged engine it has power across the whole rev range.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
went for the test drive today.

there was an 07 Jetta TDI for sale for 11k on the forecourt... it was very very nice...

anyway, no one cares about that!

my wife drove and I sat in the back. there is suprisingly a lot of leg room for me - I'm about 6ft tall but I was very comfortable.

I didn't drive it, I just longed in the back...

as we'll as the leg room, I was also impressed with the ride quality. it was pretty firm, so I didn't feel sea sick in the back.

the test drive car was a 2.0 TDI SE auto. I felt it lagged somewhat on the auto gear changes, but if you rag it, it compensates and isn't bad. obviously that'll get you through a lot of diesel though.

the boot is impressive and the back seats can slide forward or fold flat to give you plenty of room.

the stereo is adequate - but all tied into the touch screen so you can't just replace the head unit.

we didn't see the parking assist work... it kept failing and switching off.

however, the wife loved it and has ordered a black 2.0 TDI Sport with sunroof and park assist.

all in all it was agood experience and Boris at the Chiswick / Hammersmith dealership was very helpful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts