VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took the Tiguan for a test drive. I wanted to test drive the 2.0 TDi manual, but the dealer only had 1.4 Petrol. I took it for a drive and enjoyed the actual drive but the petrol felt a bit slugish at the top end. Still very alot nippier than I thought.

Getting down to the business end of negotiations, (Im after the 2.0 TDi Sport) and after much cajoling the salesman refused to budge. Even after asking for his manager or taking whatever was available in the queue, they refused even ?1 discount on extras or anything else. It further turns out (now I dont know if this is bending the truth, but) that their dealership can only order 2 a month??? On questioning he claimed it was not because of the queue but rather VW wanted to keep them scarce and the price up (sounds like shrewd marketing or a way to keep numbers down till they can accelerate the build process). Either way I wasnt sure it sounded right.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I put my order two weeks ago, although I didn't get anything off of the sticker price on the car, I tried my luck at pushing them on the solutions scheme, which is how I'm part funding the car.

At first payments were ?285 a month, I managed to knock these down to ?250, resulting in a saving of ?1470, over 42 months. Then I managed to nudge up my PX by ?500. Still paying full whack for the Tiguan though

I'm sure savings can be had, my dealer had an allocation of 20 cars (pre order) think I was 18 on their list so they were keen to sell and meet their quota. Once they had reached their limit they can not place anymore orders with VW till April.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
welcome to the forum

as its not even hit the roads yet, I'm not surpised discounts are forthcoming yet - new cars are always in demand so why would a dealer need to discount? Give it three months and the deals will start - as posted elsewhere on the forum, deals are just becoming available to the fleet buyers so it wont be long until joe public can deals too

The question is do you want to be one of the first people to drive one or are you willing to wait?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts