VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking round for a few quotes. With myself and my wife on the insurance we are looking around the ?445 with Tesco, (legal + no claims protection) cheapest so far. I'll try and wiggle it down more, after all have plenty of time

Let's see if I can get it under ?400

Des

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
business partner always uses Tesco's - has claimed a couple of times over the years (not his fault) and both times Tesco's insurance (whoever they may be?) have been very good - he highly recommends them

I'm not help as I do all my insurance with Norwich Union through my broker as they do my business insurances too - I tell them the best deal I can find on confused.com and they always match

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just information that may help.

Just changed mine over from a Golf GT Tdi 140 and have had no increace in premium at ?320 for 2 named drivers,9 years protected no claims with 1 claim etc. living in cleveland (a crime hot spot) this is with Royal & sun alliance through a broker.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

Went on compare the market website and managed to get a quote with ADMIRAL for ?237 this for myself and my wife as a named driver.

I have 9 years no claims and the quote included protected no claims,this was for 2.0 tdi sport auto.

·
Registered
144 Posts
charlespd said:
Just information that may help.

Just changed mine over from a Golf GT Tdi 140 and have had no increace in premium at ?320 for 2 named drivers,9 years protected no claims with 1 claim etc. living in cleveland (a crime hot spot) this is with Royal & sun alliance through a broker.
Just had my renewal notice and it now comes in at ?255 including pay monthly, legal cover ?50,000, courtesy car, protected no claims etc for myself & partner as a named driver.

I have also tried to get other quotes but none of them come near.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. Had a bad time with tesco a few years ago. Took them 4 months to pay me out when i had my car stolen. They are underwritten by direct line so give them a try. Admiral came up cheapest for me to.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Micawber said:
Hastings Direct were cheapest by a mile on my Treg,under ?300.00.
Cool, just did a quote with them ?381.96

I want to get it under ?350 now

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5erge said:
Micawber said:
Hastings Direct were cheapest by a mile on my Treg,under ?300.00.
Cool, just did a quote with them ?381.96

I want to get it under ?350 now

Cheers

Des
Now ?370 with DirectLine, they are my current insurer so I think I'll stick with them.

Des

·
Registered
610 Posts
What you have to remember is that
Hastings = admiral = elephant = bell = confused
DirectLine = Churchill = tesco(50%) = privilege = natwest = RBS
Esure = Halifax = sainsburys = HBOS
etc

In terms of claims, NU were excellent when we lost a newish car 7-8 years ago, they paid out within one week of it going missing for full invoice cost, and Privilege we excellent last year for a family member when they managed to damage a 2 week old CLK (not written off but paid for a panel beater / repairer selected by family member and replaced all 4 tyres and 2 scratched alloys to be on safe side (at extra cost of over ?1800 + panel repairs)).

We live in the centre of a major city, and expect the odd bump / knock therefore we don?t expect to get cheap insurance, thus on our old car we always went with the lowest excess / protected no claims. Our current insurer is admiral with a ?60 excess, however they don?t offer a new for old in 1st 12 months scheme and don?t fully cover factory fitted optional extras, and as such will be cancelling when the car arrives.

We?ll probably go with Privilege (good claims) or CIS(home insurance with them for 20yrs ) or LV (cover FF extras no problem) or DL (was with them over 10 years ? good when claimed) even though these cost a ?100 or so more than Admiral at around ?400 for the Tig.

At the end of the day if you can afford ?20-25K for a new car you shouldn?t really skimp on the insurance.

Jon

·
Registered
92 Posts
?282 with Privilege... 9 years no claims, protected, with legal... for 2 drivers, 1 large claim...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Privilege: 2 drivers (me 52, SWMBO 42), protected bonus, 9 years+ NCD, legal expenses = ?189 incl business use for both of us

·
Registered
92 Posts
CovRob said:
Privilege: 2 drivers (me 52, SWMBO 42), protected bonus, 9 years+ NCD, legal expenses = ?189 incl business use for both of us
Oh well someone has got too, so sorry to be ageist... but still makes my ?282 a good deal, me being 33 and swmbo at 37.... ah mine also has business use.... so a big
to Privilege......

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Try Adrian Flux -I use them for my Mercedes C220 CDI Auto Sports Coupe -max NCB. Renewed in January -under ?300. have been using them for last 3 years and not disappointed -always very competitive, and should you find a cheaper comparable qoute they will beat it.

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Try Adrian Flux -I use them for my Mercedes C220 CDI Auto Sports Coupe -max NCB. Renewed in January -under �300. have been using them for last 3 years and not disappointed -always very competitive, and should you find a cheaper comparable qoute they will beat it.
but A Flux were extortionate when I tried to transfer insurance to my Tiguan!! So thye had to go. Will give them another chance at renewal time 'cos I liked their customer service.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Tesco insurance never ever again no matter how cheap they are, I had an Astra Bertone Coupe which got hit by an uninsured driver, under age, un-road worthy car, excessive speed and on my side of the road, Police where called to the scene, well after they wanted me to take a 50/50 then started banging on about me paying the £600 excess, i had to advice them that i was not at fault and the traffic police officer had done a report on it so i was not at fault and not accepting a 50/50 they then said that they would waver the excess this is normal procedure for a non fault hit by uninsured driver so they didn't do me any favors.

Then it took a month of me pestering them to actually get them to send out an assessor to view the car, bear in mind the car wasn't driveable and was at a Vauxhall approved repairers, i phoned Tesco's and asked them what was going on are they going to get it assessed or what?!

I told them the Vaxhall garage gave me a hire car note the car was free to me for giving them the job of the repair. I got told by Tesco's that i shouldn't have a hire car and they won't be paying for it, to which i replied do you not think i work
a month without even getting the car assessed.

Well the car finally got assessed and the damage was over half the value of the car Tesco decided to repair it to cut the other 3Grand that they would of had to pay out if they got it repaired, extent of damage air con rad, radiator, bonnet, driverside headlight, bumper, engine subframe, right and left chassis legs, right and left H frame and jigged to put right! total cost of repair £7000.

The police took the uninsured driver to court, Tesco's then got back in contact with me and said if i get anything from the uninsured driver awarded to me by the court that this was their money and needed to be paid to them for cost of the damage, a quick phone call to the local court proved that the money was mine for inconvenience and loss of vehicle it wasn't much at all for the 6months i was without my car and the devaluation from a serve impact it wasn't even £500, i told Tesco's to go forth and do one! I would never insure any vehicle with them in my lifetime
Fore Warned Is Fore Armed

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
My insurance in March was from Churchill. £157.94 and then £50 cashback for buying via Quidco. Prior to that I used Saga (No OFC remarks thank you very much) and again only £135. Must be this part of the world.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've just paid £279 from AA Insurance - that's the cheapest I could get from all the comparison websites, (Fully Comp, 1 additional driver, £300 mandatory excess, no voluntary, No Claims protection, Legal Protection, Loan Car)

Much cheaper than the £630 that I was quoted from Dial Direct who I had my previous Lexus insured through, so I cancelled with them - still cheaper even after paying the cancellation fees.

VW Insurance quoted me £350, but would have given me £50 off this towards cancellation charges from my previous insurance.

Must be a dodgy area here in Essex ......

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
My insurance in March was from Churchill. £157.94 and then £50 cashback for buying via Quidco. Prior to that I used Saga (No OFC remarks thank you very much) and again only £135. Must be this part of the world.
yeh that's GREAT.....but you don't do any mileage in it!!!! Haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts