·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
They just dont get it - we dont like being forced to do things

We need incentives , HOWEVER of course this is not the real reason for doing this now is it. Apologies for going political on this, however if Gorky Brown had actually spent wisely over the boom years we wouldn't be in the state we are now. Yet again Labour are protecting the big businesses (car manufacturers) from legislation and forcing joe public, and lets face it a much poorer joe public to cough up

and relax

nice Post Rob

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have just read this article. Will this effect everyone who pre ordered there Tigs before the budget.
Or do we have to wait till budget tomorrow to find out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what's being suggested in the rags, it might be a tax that is only applied to band g rated cars...but it looks as if the door is open for other bands to be targeted in the future. I also believe there might be an increase in the number of bands relating to CO2 emissions.

If a tax is announced I've no doubt it will apply to all cars registered from a specified date...and I doubt if that date will be too far ahead (i.e anything between immediate & a week or two)...so I fear if it is applied to band f cars too (most Tigs I think) all of us with them on order and not registered will be hit.

Please note this is my best guess, with no particular qualification to give it credibility...just how i think sod's law will work for me.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel duty was due to increase by 2p in April - the increase will be postponed to October. There will be a further increase in fuel duty of 0.5p in 2010.

"We must reduce congestion on our roads, but we can't build way out of congestion." There will be new funding to test road charging technology.

Low-carbon cars and new technologies will cut emissions further, according to Mr Darling. manufacturers need to be encouraged to make vehicles more efficient, but the Chancellor believes the road tax system should do more. From 2009, the Chancellor proposes a major reform of vehicle excise duty to encourage people to drive clean cars.

Don't know any more details at the mo. No mention of an immediate "showroom tax", so good news for is buyers int he short term.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Think a quick call to my dealer for a double-check won't do any harm.

Des

·
Registered
56 Posts
The road tax is going to go up for the Tiguan.

CO2 emissions
181-200 Originialy ?205/yr, now ?260/yr

Thanks Darling!

On another note are there any aftermarket diesel particulate filter (DPF) that can be fitted to the Tig to improve the CO2 emissions so that it can hit the 180g/km? I know the Tig has one already, but this market is supposed to be quite new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts