VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys n gals, got this boring bog standard no phone connection/usb stereo.

What's the best upgrade without breaking the bank.

And what's the best speakers at the same time.

Much appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
Go with an aftermarket day Pioneer or Kenwood App radio so it's all built into the deck. Speakers I like MB Quart but and decent line is line. Stereos are slim pickings right now. But you will need a canbus integration kit with any deck you choose.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,076 Posts
There are a couple of discussions in here with others fitting aftermarket decks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My own Tiguan has an even more simple one so good to know there’s content here for replacing it.

Question, however, Is worth it fitting the rearview camera as well if you do change the head unit?

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
Always a good idea with the massive blind spot to the rear the Tiguan has

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 31833

Much appreciated.
View attachment 31833

Much appreciated.
My Discover Media MIB STD2 PQ +NAV screen packed up so I've just fitted a Pioneer SPH-DA160-DAB which seemed cheapest from Halfords online. Price for the stereo plus the fitting kit was £500. Fitting kit included Connects2 harness and VW infodapter which retained steering wheel controls and parking sensors. Infodapter also shows up aircon controls/status on the screen when you make any adjustments to the Temp/Fan speed/Air vent status. I'm guessing you'll need a DAB aerial and possibly one for satnav too though if you use 'Android auto', Google maps does the satnav bit instead. Camera would be easy to install but i believe you would need to run a cable to the back bumper area. Haven't quite figured out the best option for the phone mic as the ones in the overhead panel no longer work.

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
I opened the overhead panel removed the existing mic (tuncked in above the headliner) and installed the new decks mic up there. It's a bit if work but it keeps things looking clean.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
I have a lot of little kids in the neighborhood I live in and small dogs. I usually always do a walk around but it's nice to see if someone ran behind me when I wasn't looking. I put the euro mirrors on as well. But for the most part it's nice to see my boat trailer backing up to it how the camera is set up the red line is where my hitch ball is, and the one boat launch once you back down the boat disappears from the mirrors and i can clearly see the ramp and the boat in the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts