VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you will know that the Mk2 Tiguans ICE unit doesn't come with radio station logos. They tell you you have to down load them from a web sight onto an SD card. Trouble is they aren't complete and the majority of stations I listen to there is just a blank space, both my last Audis had them pre installed so why can't VW.

Mick

·
Administrator
5,983 Posts
My guess is they don’t want to pay royalties

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Shouldn't even be royalties here most are broadcast and transmitted as part of the RDS system. Strange how differing countries are different. Odd part is even between the RDC and RNS units the logos differ as the size of the logo. Using my Computer based RTLSDR I can visually see the packet data on the waterfall that carries the signal as part of the digital side band.

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using my Computer based RTLSDR I can visually see the packet data on the waterfall that carries the signal as part of the digital side band.

Iggy I didn't have a scooby about what that last sentence meant, but it sure sounded technical lol 😂.

Mick

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Haha RTLSDR is software defined radio. I can use my computer to like a scanner and receive radio signals from 10khz to 2Ghz. FM radio I can see everything and with tht right tools I can decode all the information transmitted with the signal, including station name, the song name, and album covers and etc anything transmitted with it. So it's still how they want to charge you to be able to see what's freely broadcast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts