VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Finally annoying start-stop issue came on timetable. I read many articles on the internet and searched almost everywhere but couldn't find proven method that works for Tiguan MK1!
As I said I found various methods to turn off start-stop system from changing temperature values in VCDS, than changing start-stop voltage and at the end the most elegant solution and my favorite reverting start-stop button when turning ignition on or even better memorize last start-stop button state. But none of these coding were especially for Tiguan. Some of them worked on Passat B7, Touareg and some of them on Audi A6 C7.

Does anyone know which of these methods for disabling start-stop work for Tiguan?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Kev3!
Thanx for suggestion, that video shows method I've mentioned above - changing temperature value in VCDS. It is good to know that method works on Tiguan.

What about reverting start-stop button and memorizing last start-stop state? I've found articles which claim that is possible to do on Audi A6 C7 which is MQB platform and Tiguan is PQ35 platform.
Does is work on Tiguan MK1 FL?

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
I love start stop, but each to their own. I do remember a circuit you could add into the button wiring that remembered the last state and set it everytime you turned on. I'm pretty sure it was in here, but i'm going back to right when i started, around 2015. Have you done a search in here, it was a popular bugbear until it became common.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course everyone has own opinion. Mine is that start-stop system brings more damage to the battery and starter than it brings benefit in lower fuel consumption or lower emission of exhaust gases. On the other hand adding additional button wiring is a way complecated than coding in VCDS. I am pretty much sure it can be done by VCDS.If it can be done on Audi A6 it should be possible to be done on Tiguan. I suppose it just have to be selected the right channel and entered the right value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On a vaguely similar note, does anyone know if it’s possible to turn off the stop start info in the mfd when it kicks in? I don’t need it to tell me in the display, I know when the engine is off!

·
Registered
758 Posts
My dealer swears blind on a stack of Bibles and the lives of his children that start/stop can be switched off permanently. Can anyone tell me what question I should be asking the dealer's techies so that anyone can do it? ie address, line etc

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
I've been seeing these harnesses pop up on AliExpress for the newer tigs that permanently shut it off. I had a loaner a week or so back and that system drove me nuts in traffic. Barely stop and it shut off need to roll forward 10 feet turns on shuts off. Did that for 30 miles. Can't see how the starters will last long of that was a daily commute.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
There are apps in both OBDeleven and carista to permanently disable the start stop. It's non hardware and does it through coding. You buy the device, plug it into the OBD port, load the app on your phone or tablet, and select the function you want. Very easy.

Dealers, at least VW dealers won't do it as it affects the consumption figures (they're calculated using SS).

·
Registered
758 Posts
There are apps in both OBDeleven and carista to permanently disable the start stop. It's non hardware and does it through coding. You buy the device, plug it into the OBD port, load the app on your phone or tablet, and select the function you want. Very easy.

Dealers, at least VW dealers won't do it as it affects the consumption figures (they're calculated using SS).
Thanks, Tricky. My VW dealer says they will and presumably have the necessary reader - here in Tas, they tend to be a little less conventional - the showroom guys don't even have a dress code!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts