VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a sport on order for 7 weeks now and still do not have a build date. I spoke to my dealer yesterday about changing my spec to an SE, but with the extras which the sport has (not sport suspension) - he confirmed that this would speed up the build.
I had the Sport demo model out for a few hours last weekend and found the ride a little hard. How does it compare to the SE?
Anyone know?
I drive an Audi A4 S-line Avant which is a firm ride - I chose this model over the SE Avant because the SE was far too soft a ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nige

I posted a topic about Sports Suspension on the Tiguan. The suspension is a little firm but once you get used to it is OK.
Prior to having a Tiguan I had a Golf GT with sports suspension, which I had no issues with. However, the Sports suspension on the Tiguan is firmer.
It is a matter of personal preference and I would suggest that you try both models before you change to the SE.
Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed with the car.

Barry

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stick with the Sport, the only reason you want to change is to get the car earlier, stick it out and wait for the car you really want.

Des

·
Registered
405 Posts
Can you get the extras witht the SE? ie. Just Minus the sports suspension. That's how they come here, you have to ADD the Sports Suspension the "Sport and Style".

·
Registered
60 Posts
I test drove an Auto Sport TDi, I did't think the ride was overly hard but I prefer comfort and went with an SE.

I also included the fogs and convenience pack to make the SE feature equivalent to the Sport, can't add sport seats though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
tpautig,

Can you tell me what is in the convenience pack?. I noticed it will be available in Australia but does not mention what it is.

Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,
I have just picked up my 2.0 tdi. auto sport and am really impressed with the ride and standard accesories on the sport model.

The 18 inch wheels really suit the car and the sport seats are comfortable and look good inthe sports cloth.

Stick with your choice of the sport model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks every one for your comments.

Decided to stick with the Sport, my dealer called to day - build now confirmed week 22, delivery June/July!!!!!!

He confirmed that I did qualify for the free rental car from VW and will get back to me with details.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good choice. I took delivery of my Sport a week ago and although I thought it was a bit firm at first I have now got used to it.
The sport looks really good, especially the 18 inch wheels.
Stick with the Sport.

·
Registered
82 Posts
something seems fishy! how can SE models fitted with all the same features as that of a sport be produced quicker than a sport model?

is there a shortage in:
--alloys
--stiffer springs
--the sport logo (oh no...cant be that - there isnt a different logo).

since each car seems to be 'custom built' on the prod line anyway, then surely it isnt a batch issue....

so whats the score? seems to me that its some form of cover up? perhaps the post i read some time ago about the cracking windshield is true.......?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nige
how do you qualify for free vw car rental?
Ordered My Black 2.0 tdi sport auto with leather and Panoramic roof on 16th feb. given build wk of 18 (however on reading everyones blogs don't hold much hope of that!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
how do you qualify for free vw car rental?
Re- the loan car situation, I ordered on the 22/12/07, but having spoken to vw uk yesterday they have told me that as they were on shut down until 3/1/08 my order was not put on the system until then, so this means that I will be getting a loan car direct from them on the 25/4 (16 weeks), my dealer has told me that the car needs to come from there direct as he cannot lend me one indefinately as the delivery date for my sport auto is unknown by them and vw. So things are not looking good for any dates you guys have been promised.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts