VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan Life 110TSI 6DSG
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I’m a recent Tiguan Life 110TSI owner here in Australia, having updated from a Golf VII. Absolutely loving the Tiguan so far!

Wondering if anyone can help with a simple question - is there a way to turn on an audible alert for the blind spot warning / side assist system?

I suspect this is something that VWs don’t do, but we also have a Mazda CX8 in the family and that does provide a beeping warning combined with flashing lights on the mirrors if there’s a car in the blind spot when the driver indicates.

I’ve looked through the settings menu but haven’t been able to find anything.

Thanks guys!

Mike

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,194 Posts
No, sorry never heard of that with VW's (or Volvo's) on the Mazda does it bleat every time, or only if you indicate to move out?

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Never had any audible alert for the blind spot system. Just wondering though if you have rear traffic alert if that would not sound an alarm if you pulled into a lane with an approaching car near you??? tricky?

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan Life 110TSI 6DSG
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, sorry never heard of that with VW's (or Volvo's) on the Mazda does it bleat every time, or only if you indicate to move out?
Luckily, the Mazda only plays the beeps if you indicate - it’s a helpful backup. Although perhaps pointless in the Tiguan given that it also corrects your steering and vibrates the wheel when you try to pull out into an adjacent car.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,194 Posts
Never had any audible alert for the blind spot system. Just wondering though if you have rear traffic alert if that would not sound an alarm if you pulled into a lane with an approaching car near you??? tricky?
No, the indication in the mirror starts flashing very rapidly. Normally on a vehicle approach it just lights up steady. Both the VW T-Cross and the Volvo XC40 do the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts