VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2022 Tiguan. It’s called an mk2 right?
Lots of info online about mk8 and SFD to do long coding using Ross Tech. Is the same for my 22 tig?

thinking of buying a cable but if I can’t do long coding without SFD access, then I will get odb11

I am in Canada of our cars (tigs) are equipped different just for point of clarification.

not looking to do anything too serious to my car for now. Just seat belt chime, ignition chime. Etc.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
For the most part currently 2022 models of all platforms are pretty much locked out. 2020 and 21 had limited access. So currently none of the cables are worth buying.

Also we are not to discuss disabling safety devices like the seatbelt chime on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Sorry didn’t realize that was a topic to avoid.
how about change look of the dashboard? 😄
I have had an mk4, an mk1 Tiguan, very disappointed to here we are locked out.
Guess I will get the odb 11 pro.
Which model is recommended the one that comes with the 200 credits?

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
If by Mk8 you mean Mk8 golf then I can tell you (I’ve just purchased one) that you cannot access coding in any form on them at this point. There is talk amongst the OBD11 community that they may have some limited licensing MAY come around but others are saying there’s no way that VW will allow that. The issue is around VW not wanting to take any responsibility for anything that people may change, seat belt chimes being an obvious safety one, that could leave VW facing court for failing to warn customers not to wear their seat belts etc etc etc. sounds to me as if coding days are over !

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Very minimal access like we said. Not like the old days. Too many people miscoding modules and bricking them and wanting them replaced under warranty. Tuning is the same. Only current tuners are piggy back due to the heavily encrypted modules. Maybe in a few years you can but presenty no.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
All these devices work in the same way, and it's the access VW allowed to the control modules that allows this. If on the Golf mk8 and Tig mk2.5 this is locked out, then none of them will work.

P.S. Yes I said Tig mk 2.5, if it has the newer front with the edges of the lights tailing further back, then it's mk 2.5 or 'mk2 facelift'

This is Mk 2 from 2016 to 2020

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

This is facelift or mk2.5 from 2020

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got off the line with ross-tech via phone. They said the tig uses older technology unlike the golf mk8 r.
Could I have been given wrong info? They said they consulted with a tech.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
If you find a way. Let us know. We are just relaying what we've been told and what few members have new 22 models have tried.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another Ross Tech dealer I spoke to said he was 99.99% sure as there has been no fundamental change since 2018 and it’s not a mark 8 or a ID 4.
Will report back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FWIW I've got a 2022 Allspace on the way (hopefully next week) and a Carista that i've used fo tweaks on my 2020 Tiguan.
I'll put some updates here once i've given it a try

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FWIW I checked on line with OBD11 and it states it covers Golf to 2021 !! So my 2022 is not there !!

it appears to say the same about Tiguan !!
Sorry to hear. To sound like a broken record, if odb 11 has sfd support I do not know why you would
not be able to make changes at least to some
basic mods.

On the Tiguan front I am not to worried about it. Ordered a Ross Tech cable yesterday. The 2022 Tiguan does not need SFD support for almost all functions from my research. Of course I will report back here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts