VW Tiguan Forum banner

RNS-510 Radio Codes

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  IggytheTiggy 
#1 ·
I've looked through a few threads on this and didn't see my answers.
1) To get the code, you need the VIN and radio serial number. I'm guessing that it is the VIN of the last vehicle it was on and not necessarily the original vehicle. Who knows where an eBay unit has been. :rolleyes:
2) If you need both the VIN and the serial number, how are people on eBay able to get the code with only the radio serial number?
3) Is there a way for me, by myself, to get the code for the unit in my vehicle now through some hidden menu, VCDS, OBDEleven, etc. or do I need to go to the dealer or eBay? After I swap out the unit, I'd like to sell it and the buyer would probably appreciate having it.

Thanks
Michael

#2 ·
Sadly now dealers won't release the code and the new radio has to be paired using the dealer service tool. At an hours labor. Or fund some independent shop that has the tool and a knowledgeable person to do it. Do not trust those eBay code people. It's a scam. I had to pay to pair my RNS unit to my Tiguan, as the code I was given was incorrect.

#3 ·
Is the unlock code always the same for a specific unit, meaning it doesn't change when the unit changes vehicles for the first time or the fifth?

#4 ·
Every radio has a unique 4 digit code. But yes if you know the code and change vehicles the code is burned into it firmware it won't change co matter how many vehicles it's been in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.