VW Tiguan Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

- I just looked at the steering wheel electronics. Not change.

- I don't know, I probably tried the security approach in 09. I was probably trying the wrong codes. My code is: 42013.

(Maybe I changed the parameters of vw parking assist.)

In the pictures, the ignition is switched on: look the picture:

gallery_116080_1810_393568.jpg

gallery_116080_1810_77853.jpg

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes that's the second relay J59 and fuses SC28 to SC31.

The Relay should have four connections

85 = coil (+12V) from BCM

86 = Coil (0V) Earth

30 = (+12V) from fuse SB27

87 = Feed out to Fuses SC28 to SC31

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Measurement result:
The relay works
The relay only clicks for a moment during ignition.
Does not keep the relay closed.
A short pulse is sent to it when the ignition.

All info in video:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello miso6322,

The Relay looks fine.

At about 3 minutes in your video you should not be on ohms as you have Voltage now applied to the relay contacts.

If you want to check if the relay is quickly pulling in then:-

Keep you multimeter on DC volts.

1). find a good earth point (may be as you have added extra wires to the Relay terminal number 86)

2). with the positive probe of the multi meter go on to terminal 30 (you should have +12Volts all the time may drop slightly when the relay pulls in)

3). with the positive probe of the multi meter go on to terminal 87 (you will only see a quick pulse of voltage as the relay pulls in then drops out again)

I think you are going to have to replace the BCM or use a more powerful programming tool to try and reload the software like ODIS- Engineering

Here is a link to someone else who had problems with J59 on a Tiguan not holding in

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/7867/

The last post #13 fixed by replace J519 BCM (they have called it cecm)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well thank you. :razz:
Is it necessary to test the measurements further?
We have the result. Or not ?
I don't know what to do next. :?: :-|

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello mis06322,

I think you have changed some code and now locked up your BCM module 09.

Sorry in the delay but I have been busy trying to find ways to undo what you have done!

Did you make all your changes using your laptop via VCDS?

I do hope so................

On my Laptop I have a file that records every change you do in VCDS so hopeful we can trace back and find out what you change and put it right.

Look here:-

windows(c): Ross-Tech, VCDS, Debug

in here you should have a file called codingLog.CSV (Excel spread sheet)

Computer Personal computer Font Operating system Screenshot

BEFORE YOU DO ANY THING MAKE A COPY

USE the COPY to work on

codingLog.CSV (Excel spread sheet)

Computer Rectangle Font Software Electronic device

We may be able to undo what you did by tracing back up this file (you will need to open up the columns to see the full details)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Hopefully you get the coding sorted. This is a good message to everyone before you do any modifications and or changes save your coding. When you do the full scan you have the option to save coding. I do it before I make any changes. That way you can revert coding in a few seconds as if you keep going back in and make more changes compounding the issue. Also do one change at a time hit do it if it doesn't work go back in and revert the change and Do It. Even myself with multiple years of coding experience so 1 or 2 at a time as you do a bunch and coding fails you have to check which one is the culprit.

There is one other option. There is a full master reset of the BCM. But then you have to known which items are checked from byte 0 to byte 29. If you have a similar optioned tiguan to one of ours we can send you our hard coding to insert into yours.

Kev3 appreciate your dedication to helping miso sort this. And not knocking miso for the issue it happens to the best of us. Like I said above I played with Byte 18 once to get my rear fogs to work on my Golf. Ended up having one light turn on and brakes not work. Tried changing it back and the bcm crashed. Cost me a bit to get a new BCM and I spent a few hours putting in all my coding as I didn't have a backup. Lesson learned. Save coding before and after changes so you can see at the Hex level what was changed.

So there is a slight possibility the BCM is the culprit here. Something internal may have crashed..

Reactions: kev3 and Old Dog

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Go in and save you hard coding now Miso!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Morning miso6322,

Great News, and able to use the coding log file to recover your error.

My idea along the lines of ignition switch were not far off from enabling stop / start (byte 26 bit7). On my Tiguan this byte is set to 00.

Do you have stop /start button?

I have been think about your problems and have an idea:-

Relay J59 (x-contact relief relay) - "cigarette lighter" socket, Rear window wiper motor

Reverse lights

All require the ignition switch to be on If the BCM is not getting this signal then the above won't work.

Have you been making any changes to the steering wheel buttons via Module 16 (J527)

Module 16 (J527) is also were the Ignition switch is connected!!!!
One bit can cause so much work, always make back up of your scans.

Between US we got there in the end.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi kev, Yes, I have a stop / start button.

I do not know if this procedure is correct.

It works in my car.

I don't understand the changes from "0" to "D". It works :) (I hope it doesn't interfere with other features.)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello mis06322,

If I knew you had stop/start we might have sort your problem sooner, but now all working great.

Can you edit the title and add solved of fixed so others when doing searches know the fault was fixed, thank you

Now stop /start question

you are making changes to the energy requirement of the stop /start system by increasing the temperature you have changed the limits in which stop / start can operate

the -50.0 C has changed to 54.0 C

That should be fine a lot of VCDS users have done this change to stop having to keep pressing the button.

·
Registered
Tiguan 5N Facelift 2.0 TDI
57 Posts
Now stop /start question

you are making changes to the energy requirement of the stop /start system by increasing the temperature you have changed the limits in which stop / start can operate

the -50.0 C has changed to 54.0 C

That should be fine a lot of VCDS users have done this change to stop having to keep pressing the button.
Hello all,
Could someone explain me this change "the -50.0 C has changed to 54.0 C" how does this temperature increase affect on stop/start system? Default value was -50.0 C on one side and -50.0 C on the other side. Now with changing -50.0 C to 54 C on one side the temperature range is now much greater . It is not logical to me that stop/start system will not work in greater range than default. Also hexadecimal values 002000 for -50C and D02000 for 54C are totally illogical. If you convert these hex values in any other scale you won't get these values for temperature.

·
Registered
Tiguan 5N Facelift 2.0 TDI
57 Posts
Well it seems like I've complicated a little bit with above questions. I wanted to know what is correlation with these hexadecimal values 002000 for -50C and D02000 for 54C and is it safe to change to D02000 value. Does it affect only stop/start system and changing value to D02000 won't harm anything else?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts