·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Rob,

I drove past the dealer on Wednesday morning and saw them all - they were also having a delivery of Tigs when I drove past

Seem like they have all the stock

·
Registered
199 Posts
I spotted those a while ago on ebay. Tempting but I think I'd rather wait for my own 'box fresh' Tiguan with Dynaudio, even if it's going to take a few months

Plus they are demonstrator vehicles with a few 1000 miles on the clock, god knows whos been trashing them....

Des

·
Registered
56 Posts
The look grand, but they are at new prices. You would expect at least a ?1-?2k off for a demo model.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah true, hard to buy semi-used at new prices!

Hey does anyone have any clue why we can't get DynaAudio or Touchscreen Radios in this part of the world?

I asked the dealership here, but they say they don't know either?

Rocc

·
Registered
405 Posts
You guys are pretty lucky to get good prices, because of duty and taxes, the tigs here work out to be over 35,000.00 Pounds Sterling!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ouch.... that is quite expensive. Its rumoured that the Tig is one of the most expensive cars to make in the VW stable. Apparently they are looking at moving production to asia, in which case it should be cheaper to produce. However, its supposed to go on the market in the US at around $24k (I may be completely mistaken), would it not be easier to get it from North America when its released?

·
Registered
405 Posts
OktaneZA said:
Ouch.... that is quite expensive. Its rumoured that the Tig is one of the most expensive cars to make in the VW stable. Apparently they are looking at moving production to asia, in which case it should be cheaper to produce. However, its supposed to go on the market in the US at around $24k (I may be completely mistaken), would it not be easier to get it from North America when its released?
Yeah some people go the route of bringing vehicles in from North America, but the Duty and Taxes are pretty much the same. When importing, we have to pay almost 150 Percent Duty on some vehicles (depending on the CC rating), and then 16.5% Sales Tax as well! Also, the steering would be on the Left Side of the Car, which quite a few people drive out here, but a bit disadvantageous for our Left-Hand Driven Roads.

Especially when you have to pass a large vehicle, which happens here every day. And also for Drive-Thru pick up windows.........

For instance a Nissan Murano which has a 3.5 Liter Engine, would run you with duty and Taxes, around US$90,000.00!

That's why I'm really glad that I found the Tiguan! It has a relatively small CC 2.0L, but still packs a punch with 200HP.

Cheers,

Rocc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts