VW Tiguan Forum banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts
A prime example for the raison d'etre of Forums. It certainly was a team effort. :twoup: :twoup:

Although I did not contribute to your success, I am happy to be part of our friendly and helpful forum.

All the best from across the Big Pond on your future mods. Keep healthy and safe.

Cheers!

Garry

Glad it was a wire swap. Had that figured from the start. :) Vw did some interesting things just because it's wired one way for one type I've learned to triple check pin outs when things get added. Vw is notorious for moving pins around.

Time for a cold one and celebrate.

Great news Darren I'm glad you got it sorted [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat old thread this.

Tried this mod on my 2011 R-line with no luck.

I have found I have gen 3 modules. So I ned a different approach.

Have ordered eeprom programmer for needle sweep in my cluster. Found this method also can be used for writing eeprom in door modules.

Found info in this thread on what to change.

Glad I am no stranger to soldering tiny components. :)

But I faced a strange thing when trying to programm door modules.

I am using VCDS, genuine Ross-Tech no clone. But I try to security access -16 in "Door Elect, Driver" - module 42

I am following the steps qouted from @n4s below.

But after using code 04354 and press "Do it", I get this error.

Find this a bit strange. Is this because of gen 3 modules?

Once you connect with your laptop to the interface here are the steps:

1. Select "Door Elect, Driver" - module 42
2. Click on: "Security Access - 16"
3. Insert the security code: 04354 and hit "Do it!"
4. Once you are again to the previous menu, click on "Adaptation - 10"
5. Here select the following channel: (9)-System_Parameter_0-System Parameter Byte8
(be patience to find the exact channel, it's quite a long list , but as a tip : it's in the second half of the list)
6. Once selected you will notice the old value which is 90.
Here you have to options for the new value before you click "Do it!":
a. 95 (which I've chosen) - will automatically fold your mirrors while holding the lock button and will unfold them when you turn on the engine.
b. 99 - will automatically fold your mirrors while holding the lock button and will unfold them when you open the driver door.
7. Next window simply click: "Yes".
8. Click "OK"
9. Please check the new value to be there , and "Go Back" and exit the program and disconnect the interface.
10. You are ready!

Attachments

Ollyprice87,

Yes you can upgrade your mirrors to electric folding mirrors:-

The Tiguan & Yeti share the same mirrors.

Looking on eBay each mirror with heated / folding would be £100 to £150.

You may well find them cheaper but you will have to do your research there are several combinations.

Is it worth it, that's down to you!

Hello,
I read the topic from the beginning but I still haven't come to the conclusion if i can add folding mirrors without changing the doors control modules with new ones that support the new functions or the eeprom of existing one can be rewritten.
My tiger is from 2013 and I have gen4 modules with the following codes:
-5N0 959 701 F
-5N0 959 702 F

Thank you.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.