VW Tiguan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Super looking Tig Jo. I betcha it's hard not driving around with a big smile on your face. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Super looking Tig Jo. I betcha it's hard not driving around with a big smile on your face. :)
Many thanks And much respect to you OldDog. I Tell you it's killing us as we're both shielding from outside life. The diesel tank is only half full indeed 3miles in 7 weeks is a record I'm sure and one I'm not proud of.

·
myTiguan Master
4,762 Posts
I've had two Tigs and never used the rear seat trays, but I'm glad someone has made use of them lol :razz:

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,370 Posts
Grand daughters love using ours.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Kids used the trays when they were younger to rest their iPads on when on long trips. Popped over to Bruges last year via the Eurostar and our friends in the back ate their packed lunch off of the trays. I think they are great.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Went and had a look as maybe I had missed the trays under the seat covers, but not a feature in Aus Tigs it seems as well as no alarm. Good to see, however, the twin beer can holders.

I wonder which dept in VW decides country specs. Ja, Herr Direktor, Aussies drink but don't eat in the backseat and are not clever enough to steal this model.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whilst my wife was having a eye test, a few days ago, I though I would have a quick snooze. I was amazed how much leg-room there was in the back seats.

I could lie almost straight and still my feet did not touch anything!

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
I wish I could figure out if I could put the tray tables on a NAR Tiguan. Ant tell if there is the brace in the seat to bolt to. Can get a set shipped for under $200..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello lggytheTiggy,

You only have to ask for some pictures of the front seat back support!

Holes cut in back seat covering for table fixings

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Fender Automotive exterior

You can see the bracing support across the frame which also has the table fixing points.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle

This is a picture of the frame but looking from the front

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fender

Now you can go and feel your seat to see if you can upgrade to have tables.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Thanks Kev I've asked in the past and no one ever followed up these are perfect. Sadly from what I can tell I don't have that too brace pushing in on the seat back I don't feel anything nor do I feel that backer. Odd that they would make different seats for different markets. Maybe when I have the seats out soon I'll pull the seat cover off and see what's back there.

I do however feel a couple sharp points on either side of the seat back about where that brace would be. With a few measurements I could look again. Thanks again

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello Dan,

From what I can see in the Vw parts catalogue for the Tiguan VW make several seat backrest frames, and they do make reference to with or without table.

You may be lucky!.

I have been and take the table off so I can get you some measurements.

Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Rectangle Wood

Hood Motor vehicle Gas Tints and shades Personal protective equipment

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Wood

Tape measure Wood Yellow Office ruler Line

Amber Wood Rectangle Orange Font

Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Rectangle Measuring instrument

Tape measure Office ruler Rectangle Ruler Measuring instrument

Tape measure Rectangle Office ruler Wood Ruler

White Light Audio equipment Automotive tire Ac adapter

The screws were just started in the thread on the bar. You can get idea how deep the bar is mounted in the seat from the heads of the screws just sticking out above the seat covering.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Definitely some vast differences going on. I've got nothing even around the 9" mark and when the headrest is fully seated the bumps I felt were the ends of the head rest. I forget we have different head rest vs the rest of the world as well. But if I can find a full trim tiguan with a good interior with a wrecked outer I'm hoping to go to full power front seats and real leather. So I guess I can scratch this mod off my eventual list for now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only had it a week, still learning & finding new stuff!! 2017 2l DTI 4motion SEL 40k miles.
Love the car, don't like the 20" rims & tyres, looking to changing them, but I like the HUD & massive sunroof.
Also, I like the metallic orange, don't see many!
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light
Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

21 - 40 of 45 Posts