VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my test drive, and despite the arguments of the salesman I am going to opt for the 2 litre petrol turbo engine.

Question - having talked to several dealers on potential delivery, their interpretation of 'Summer 2008' is wide, ranging from June to September. Does anyone have anything slightly firmer in terms of availability of the more powerful engines in the Tiguan?

And another thing. VW garages also seem to vary widely in their ordering and deposit requirements - for a non-available engined car. My closest one says leave an 'letter of intent' on a specced car and pay a deposit when its available to order, while others say they want a 10% deposit immediately just to join the queue. Is there suposed to be a standard?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
no more than ?500 in my opinion - I have ?500 on an AUDI RS5 and thats going to be one of the first in the country. If they insist on more then go elsewhere

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am in the same position but waiting for the 170ps diesel engine. I would like to hear from anyone else who has been given a less vague date than Summer 2008.

Regards, Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts