VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for the add. I am hoping someone on here will be able to help me with a problem I am having with my 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion. The only way I can really describe it, is when I am driving it almost sounds like the interior fan blower is on speed 1 even when the fan is switched off. The other way to describe it is like a continuous low pitched quiet scraping sound. The sound is coming from the front, and I would personally say more so from the passenger side. The noise only becomes apparent when I drive over 15/20mph.... at low speeds if I turn right the noise seems to quieten slightly. I have just had all of the brakes replaced and that has not made any difference, both front tyres have been replaced and 4 wheel alignment has been done which agen has also not made any difference. I did see a post on here this morning titled “driveline noise” which I have also commented on but haven’t had any replies. This particular individuals post is the only post I can see on here which sounds very much like the noise I am also getting, but is described as a scraping noise, like a stone in between the disk and the backing plate. I have ordered a wheel bearing for it for the n/s/f, but personally I cannot see this being the problem. It doesn’t sound like a wheel bearing noise, the pitch doesn’t get higher or lower while increasing or decreasing speed, it is a continuous noise constantly while driving. If anyone has ever had this before, or could point me in the right direction as to what it might be I would really really appreciate the help.

thank you

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Could be a number of things, including the prop shaft mid shaft bearing, or one of the heat shields rubbing the shaft. Could be your serpentine belt making noise, one of the idler bearings chirping, best way to do some checking is get the Tiguan up on jack stands and crawl around grabbing things and turning things. Sounds like this are impossible to diagnose thru a forum. One man's noise is another's normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like it could be something on the power steering system.
The only issue is without hearing the noise by sitting in the vehicle we are all just guessing as to what the issue is.
Where you located as someone on here may be local to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts