VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just got a 2011 VW Tiguan 2.0T (manufactured in Germany, US version) and I cannot find any controls for the MFI. It is currently showing the temperature and I don't have any buttons on the steering wheel and the windshield wiper lever does not have the MFI controls I've seen on some videos.
Any idea how else could I access the MFI menu? (this is my dashboard)

Thank you!

Speedometer Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
What's the rocker function I can just see on the end of the indicator stalk?

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
The US does seem to have a very base spec we don't get in the UK. The manual used to refer to MFD without MF steering wheel, but these days every model seems to have all the switches and functionality.

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
338 Posts
I would suspect its software and hardware locked out. You have a basic spec model, and dont have the correct stalk controls fitted. If you connected VCDS you may be able to see if they can be activated.

I have a 2009 model R-Line and theres some options i cant activate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can change it using the rockers that are on the right stalk. If it doesn't change just by clicking it, try holding down the bottom rocker. I just figured this out a couple of days ago on my 2012 Tiguan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can change it using the rockers that are on the right stalk. If it doesn't change just by clicking it, try holding down the bottom rocker. I just figured this out a couple of days ago on my 2012 Tiguan.
Thanks but the problem is that the right stalk does not have the rockers, it only has controls for the windshield wipers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts