VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2018 R-line in NZ, I found the high beam assis function don't work in my car (will not change between low beam and high automatic). The icon is a blue light, it should be a white a light with a 'A' letter.

Automotive design Font Electric blue Personal luxury car Display device

In my car's SPEC sheet, the detail of light is:

Headlights - LED headlamps for low beam and high beam, with LED separate daytime running lights. Automatic headlight range adjustment with dynamic cornering lights and headlamp washer system (WLK/8IX/8Q5)
You see, 'light assist' is not included.

And, the 'light assit' isn't included in car setting.

I guess the 'light assist' is removed in NZ, is it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Correct it doesn’t exist BUT everything is there for it, it’s just a coding issue, same with the speed sign display etc. I’m sure it’s just a coding issue and wish I was able/capable if doing it. I know somebody in Auckland has done it with a Mk7 Golf which has the same gear !! I bet soon NZ VW will announce a new model WITH these things which we all could have had since day 1 !!

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
It could be for regulation purposes. I know Canada and the US have some antiquated laws governing how headlamps work and what switches are required to operate them. Audi had been fighting for years to get them changed so that we can get all the cool stuff too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uk Tiguan R Line 150 2018year
I have a 2018 Tiguan R line. My wife had it from new, then I took over last year. The Dynamic Light Assist (DLA)was working for me until I took it to a non VW garage for a service And MOT. Since then I have only had Light assist (LA) Even though the DLA option was ticked (under Car>Settings>Light>Dynamic Light Assistance) I have just restored the DLA after trying all sorts of things.
the solution for me was to
select personal user settings and changing the Driver to one that wasn’t being used.
I found that the DLA was working fine under the spare driver. So then I opened that driver and had an option to copy settings to another Driver.
I copied these settings to my named driver and it worked.ive since had to change the options such as phone and seat settings etc. but it fixed my DLA problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts