VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Tiguan owners in Russia faced to problem with not properly working of ABS system. The issue look like no braking at small speed on road with bad surface (potholes, cracks, etc.). Our community opened a dispute with VW Russia (www.democrator.ru/complain/11009/11009). Also independant russian auto magazine "Autoreview" made tests of abs system of tiguans. They caught the abs bug too (www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGu1o9Zuz8E). After it VW Russia and TRW made their tests and released a new firmware for the abs modules (TPI 2035996/1) in Dec, 2013.

This firmware can update modules 5N0614109AB,AC,AH,AG,AK,AL,AM,AP,AR,BC,BD. After update it will have number 5N0614109BK (firmware version 0014). Code for flashing via ODIS for this firmware 3993. Dealer should use latest version ODIS for it.

I saw you have same problem with abs of your cars. I guess all tiguans have same problem. This firmware remove the bug completly. I tested it myself)

P.S. Sorry for my English ;-)

·
Administrator
5,986 Posts
Good info. This might be region specific or even year specific. My 2010 works just fine

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
Great info cons, welcome to the forum, great to have Russian friends on here!

·
Registered
610 Posts
In my opinion, the 2011 Canadian Tiguan ABS is too sensitive and it kicks in when stopping on uneven surface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts