VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 in silver with cornsilk interior. Given a choice I doubt I would have chosen that combo. But you know how that goes.

Not sure on trim level. Suspect it's an S. Is there a definitive way to tell? Dealer said SE...

Does not have a backup camera (almost essential IMO) but does have 18" wheels and 50 series Toyo tires and the panoramic roof.

Ex-lease vehicle (first 8-years) so it was serviced regularly, new fuel door actuator, fuel injectors, inlet manifold, brake flushes etc., according to CarFax. Mostly large VW dealerships.

Been car-less for almost 7-years. Portland is very bicycle friendly and there is Zipcar and Uber and a great public transport network so I never saw the need to get another. Have an '85 Alfa Romeo GTV6 languishing in a storage unit. Undriven but not unloved for 12-years.

But engaging with the gig economy I needed another set of wheels. Would have preferred to get at least a 2013 for another year of Uber work. But this one spoke to me. Out of the half-dozen I looked at it was the one of two I could be bothered to test drive. First one was black on black. Loved it. Less so the only-seen-at-the-last-minute fender dent and a huge chip out of a wheel spoke.

My brief but spectacular introduction. Glad to be part of the community.

Jef

·
Administrator
13,460 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. Still not definitive. Actually a little more confused (if that's possible). Can you tell from the VIN?

Mind you, with all the mods that appear possible it seems any trim level can be arrived at.

I'm liking the Tiguan more and more. Had my first parking brake failure last night. 75 miles and 36-hours after driving off the lot. First blood!

·
Administrator
13,460 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. Pretty sure it is an SE. Sold at auction for $9K prior to my ownership. Epicvin did not show a minor rear-end accident that CarFax came up with and less info on previous owners. Already had my sale at $11,995 in there.

Jef

·
Administrator
13,460 Posts
No problem Jef. I can't recall all the differences after having a 2011 Comfortline (SE in the US), a 2015 Trendline (S in the US) and my last Tiguan a 2018 (R-Line) which was fully loaded. The other thing that messes things up too is, there are some differences in the US and Canadian markets, let alone ROW (Rest Of the World).

I wish you the best of luck with her!

Cheers!

Garry

·
Administrator
3,346 Posts
Looks like an SE 18" wheels, Fog lights and should have the 6 disk deck.

I've got a 2013 SE+ it's a SE but I have dual zone climate that was only available on SEL models in 12-13. But I've added everything otber than leather now so I'm technically an SEL now.

Welcome to the group. I'm 240 miles north of you.

Reactions: Old Dog
1 - 7 of 7 Posts